Loudon vs Signal Mt

Infamousfootballfan

On 9/17/2019 at 3:12 PM, logcabinman said:

I agree, this is probably this best team Loudon has fielding since 14', but I will respectfully disagree that they are better.

14’ could’ve honestly beat Alcoa with how good our Run D was. Alcoa was no Fulton that year. Nobody this year in 3a or 4a was as good as that Fulton team was. The Most athletic fundamental team I’ve seen. But I will have to respectfully disagree too. Loudon ran the playoffs easily till Fulton. So that’s hard to say this team is any better. They had size and the 14’ team was the strongest Loudon team they’ve ever had broke all weight room records and with the #3 Defense and every record for Friday nights besides 3 were broken.. So it’ll be hard to ever really surpass those fellers. 

Edited by Redskins83

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Redskins83 said:

14’ could’ve honestly beat Alcoa with how good our Run D was. Alcoa was no Fulton that year. Nobody this year in 3a or 4a was as good as that Fulton team was. The Most athletic fundamental team I’ve seen. But I will have to respectfully disagree too. Loudon ran the playoffs easily till Fulton. So that’s hard to say this team is any better. They had size and the 14’ team was the strongest Loudon team they’ve ever had broke all weight room records and with the #3 Defense and every record for Friday nights besides 3 were broken.. So it’ll be hard to ever really surpass those fellers. 

Yes, and that year was when they had the weird district with 4a Loudon and Seqouyah in the 3a district.  MCentral was also very good that year.  Loudon beat them with an awesome passing game.  

6 hours ago, Redskins83 said:

ehh. Records for games and the weight room are hard to judge. Prior to sometime in the early 2000's Loudon's record keeping for stats was poor at best. Also, The '14 team had cupcake schedule and so does this years team. With the exception of 1 or 2 games, the rest of them are a walk in the park. 

On 9/16/2019 at 3:07 PM, 10Redskin said:

I'm a little biased about Loudon, but I agree. This is easily the best Loudon team since 2014 and they are probably better than that team was. I imagine Signal will put up a good fight, but I think Loudon's Offense will be hard to stop and the Defense will be hard to attack. I do think Loudon and Redbank will rematch in the qtr's for a chance to play Alcoa.

This team is a very good team but they have a lot to accomplish to be as good as the 2014 team. I don't think they are quite that good but I hope they can go as far as 2014 did.

38 minutes ago, OutlawJoseyWales said:

This team is a very good team but they have a lot to accomplish to be as good as the 2014 team. I don't think they are quite that good but I hope they can go as far as 2014 did.

2014 preseason scrimmages we won by 4 td’s or more each game, We beat Livingston Academy who was 11-1 an dominated 42-14 and Livingston beat CAK that year 38-3. We also handled a real good Signal Mountain team that year also, so if we had better teams to play that year we more than likely would’ve been able to prove just how good we actually were. But we weren’t allowed to play most of the 2nd half because of the “cupcake schedule” anyhow (playoffs proved how good we were in 4A) with that said if we did have our schedule from 2015 and 2016 we would’ve went 10-0 or 9-1 with our only loss to Alcoa. But we could’ve handled Alcoa on our own it would’ve went either way by a TD or 2 Td’s from what we think and the coaches. But this game Loudon has it Signal has been down for quite some time now. 

10 hours ago, 10Redskin said:

ehh. Records for games and the weight room are hard to judge. Prior to sometime in the early 2000's Loudon's record keeping for stats was poor at best. Also, The '14 team had cupcake schedule and so does this years team. With the exception of 1 or 2 games, the rest of them are a walk in the park. 

I understand where you’re coming from I do. But the early 2000’s were smaller Loudon teams like 2a ball they just always had a rough time because of Alcoa sadly. 

On 9/17/2019 at 1:02 PM, 10Redskin said:

I'm undecided on how this game will go. I imagine Signal and Redbank is a rivalry game, so sometimes the game is maybe closer than it should be. If Loudon continues to play like they have, they'll be fine. The only thing that worries me is the 2 hour bus ride.

yes it is a rivalry game between North Red Bank Mountain and Red Bank.....like Big brother playin lil brother

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: