Wooddale at Lausanne

kwc

Region 8, 3A Wooddale (4-1) will go into the cozy confines of Lynx Stadium to play D2-AA Lausanne (2-2) this Friday. Wooddale's one loss came at the hands of D2-AAA Briarcrest. Lausanne's two losses were to a school from  KY, Mayfield, and Region 7, 6A Cordova.

Who wins? What do you think happens?

Edited by kwc

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Region 8, 3A Wooddale (4-1) will go into the cost confines of Lynx Stadium to play D2-AA Lausanne (2-2) this Friday. Wooddale's one loss came at the hands of D2-AAA Briarcrest. Lausanne's two losses were to a private school from  KY, Mayfield, and Region 7, 6A Cordova.

Who wins? What do you think happens?

The Mayfield Cardinals are public school team in the state of Kentucky.

5 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Not really sure what to think about this one. Lausanne has looked dominant against lesser competition and has looked very bad against the good teams they have played. Seems that Wooddale will probably fit in somewhere between. This is a big game for Lausanne going into a huge region matchup with ECS next week. 

Agreed. Wooddale isn't the biggest or baddest in metro Memphis, but they aren't chopped liver either. I think this will be a competitive game. I forgot who I selected in BGIM, I want to say Lausanne ... but I'm not sure.

Edited by kwc

On 9/22/2019 at 7:29 AM, kwc said:

Thanks. I never researched them. I just assumed.

They (Mayfield) are indeed a small public school... they are also one of the best in Kentucky, and are most likely favorites to win the state championship in their classification. They are a perennial semifinal/championship game participant, and Lausanne wasn't overwhelmed in the game. The Lynx aren't what they were for the past two or three seasons, but they should handle Wooddale without much trouble.