#1 Oakland (5-0) @ Rockvale (0-5)

GoPats2019

Will be a good game for Oakland to build and start their second string for their playoff run.  Maybe start the third string the second half.

Rockvale, I am sorry and I congratulate you for playing this schedule.  Did the T$$AA say they had to play a 6A varsity schedule this year or did Rockvale choose to do so?  I have heard 'rumors' saying both ways.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Will be a good game for Oakland to build and start their second string for their playoff run.  Maybe start the third string the second half.

Rockvale, I am sorry and I congratulate you for playing this schedule.  Did the T$$AA say they had to play a 6A varsity schedule this year or did Rockvale choose to do so?  I have heard 'rumors' saying both ways.

Either way, TSSAA is doing them a favor bc they were going to be 6A when reclassification came up anyways. They won't be struggling for long. Wouldn't be shocked if they're Oakland's main competition in 3-4 years

13 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

It's my understanding Rockvale was expected to open with around 1500 students... mainly freshman and sophomores. The TSSAA was originally going to place them in 5A, but when enrollment estimates were closer to 1800, they said they needed to be in 6A. I don't think Rockvale wanted this. At the same time Eagleville requested to be moved down from 2A to 1A, but was denied by the TSSAA because they have a Co-op with Central Magnet for football. 

15 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Far as I know, Christiana is probably the next area to be looked at. Rockvale already has the 2nd best staff in RuCo so they'll be ok

Latest growth shifts/trends in the county showed a new HS may be need in the Almaville area near the Williamson Co line to relieve Blackman and Stewarts Creek. If this continues, you'll see the following order of priority...

1. Almaville

2. Christiana

3. Buchanan

Edited by GoPats2019

2 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Latest growth shifts/trends in the county showed a new HS may be need in the Almaville area near the Williamson Co line to relieve Blackmand and Stewarts Creek. If this continues, you'll see the following order of priority...

1. Almaville

2. Christiana

3. Buchanan

Interesting. Makes sense, I kind of forgotten about Almaville. Down the road, it'll be interesting to see how TSSAA treats RuCo. Could have a 9-10 team 6A region of just RuCo schools

On 9/23/2019 at 1:07 PM, GoPats2019 said:

The TSSAA did  Rockvale no favors in making them play 6A ball during their first year. This one should be a yawner. Hopefully Rockvale gets some good experience for their youth and Oakland gets to continue building depth. 

That's the way I did it back in the day. Sink or swim. (We sank)