McCallie @ Baylor

oldwiseone

1 hour ago, TNwhat said:

I’m driving over 6 hours in wranglers. If it doesn’t  cool off at least 15 degrees will be wearing cutoffs and wife beaters.  Y’all can use all the fancy analysis and national geographical  references you want. I’m coming to watch some football. 

a south GA and Earnhart feller r u.......atta baby.....and a good one it will hopefully b....electric....that Haslam School of knoxville turn coat now new Suk Creek fan thinkin its the game of the century

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Edited by Booger

Big game in D2AAA!! I have no idea how it will turn out. I know McCallie is strong, but I haven’t seen Baylor in person yet. Their new RB is a stud. Wondering if McCallie can force Baylor to beat them some other way. McCallie’s O is really good, but Baylor always has great LBs in their 3-3 defense that fly around and make plays. They’re a really well-coached team. Not sure why, but I’m expecting McCallie to win. Should be an electric atmosphere and a great game.

I just hope there’s a cool hype video by one of the student sections that goes viral. 

Normally, I agree with everything that Spartan4Life says about high school football. Unlike a lot of people on this board, he has credibility. But in this particular game, we will probably disagree (he hasn’t made his prediction, but I assume it will be Baylor).

I’ve also listened to everyone talk about how the loss of J Hardy will impact McCallie … and by how many points. Also, people talk a lot about the Baylor running back and how great he is (no argument from me). Everybody wants to talk about the 4 star guys.

BUT … in my opinion, everyone is overlooking THE KEY player in the game, which is DeAngelo Hardy, the McCallie QB. As a McCallie QB, he has NEVER lost to Baylor – including middle school when J Hardy was a member of the Baylor team. This kid is a difference maker. No other player in this game will have more of a “point difference” than “Delo”. Regardless of how many yards Howard has, the only chance Baylor has of winning is to completely stop the McCallie QB … and they never have. When you combine Delo with McCallie’s RB and probably the best OL in DII-AAA (most would say Catholic), the McCallie offense is hard to stop.

I pick McCallie 31-21

25 minutes ago, OLDad said:

Normally, I agree with everything that Spartan4Life says about high school football. Unlike a lot of people on this board, he has credibility. But in this particular game, we will probably disagree (he hasn’t made his prediction, but I assume it will be Baylor).

I’ve also listened to everyone talk about how the loss of J Hardy will impact McCallie … and by how many points. Also, people talk a lot about the Baylor running back and how great he is (no argument from me). Everybody wants to talk about the 4 star guys.

BUT … in my opinion, everyone is overlooking THE KEY player in the game, which is DeAngelo Hardy, the McCallie QB. As a McCallie QB, he has NEVER lost to Baylor – including middle school when J Hardy was a member of the Baylor team. This kid is a difference maker. No other player in this game will have more of a “point difference” than “Delo”. Regardless of how many yards Howard has, the only chance Baylor has of winning is to completely stop the McCallie QB … and they never have. When you combine Delo with McCallie’s RB and probably the best OL in DII-AAA (most would say Catholic), the McCallie offense is hard to stop.

I pick McCallie 31-21

Well I appreciate the kind words. I’ll hold off on my prediction until Tommorrow BUT just to push back a little I will. I agree with most of what you said BUT Baylor does have a chance to at least slow Hardy. Last year Baylor held them to 21 points and that was with turning the ball over at the 2 to openning drive in last years game. The other touchdown McCallie scored was after Baylor jumped offside and then roughed the kicker the very next play. So McCallie last year only drove down the length of the field once on Baylor last year. 7 points isn’t bad for an undermanned Baylor defense last year. 

Now McCallie is probably better offensively this year but I think they took a step back on defense. Meanwhile I think Baylor is better slightly defensively and definitely on offense. That’s just to push back a little. I agree otherwise with having to stop that amazing offense. 

12 hours ago, TnTxn said:

Big game in D2AAA!! I have no idea how it will turn out. I know McCallie is strong, but I haven’t seen Baylor in person yet. Their new RB is a stud. Wondering if McCallie can force Baylor to beat them some other way. McCallie’s O is really good, but Baylor always has great LBs in their 3-3 defense that fly around and make plays. They’re a really well-coached team. Not sure why, but I’m expecting McCallie to win. Should be an electric atmosphere and a great game.

I just hope there’s a cool hype video by one of the student sections that goes viral. 

the texan can watch that video on page 3 of this thread....

....Ted Turners School will definately win the hype video too

Booger just sayin:mrgreen:

Edited by Booger

so its seen that the once Haslam School of Knoxville Spartan cheerleader.....now the Suk Creek Cheerleader..... has slacked on the pick for the citys biggest ever football contest........stand buy for the after game McCallie/Baylor response.....Sparty is leavin Spartyse outs.......

Baylors new recruit from the Haslam campus goes for 300 & McCallie Tornadoes get routed

Booger just sayin :roflolk: