Houston County @ Riverside

@38320

13 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

I stand corrected Houston came to play. Very impressed w their tackling and execution on offense. Still a half left anything can happen but the Irish has my attention 

Told you... not the Houston County of years past. We saw the beginnings of this last season in the play in game... it may be the new normal, or just an exceptional class going through, but whichever it is, for the time being they can play.

I wasn't too surprised when Houston Co. came out and had a good drive and took a 6-0 lead. I thought they would hang with RHS in the first half and RHS would pull away in the second half. Didn't happen. Down 13-3,  Riverside got the ball first in the 2nd half and went 3 and out. HC increasingly took control in the 3rd qtr. and the RHS offense never could seem to get on track. It was 20 to 10 deep in the 4th and Houston Co. scored 7 with 43 seconds to go. I think they should have taken a knee, but I know they have had football frustration over there for forty years and don't really blame them for tacking one one. I think the Waverly-Houston Co. game will be for the region championship and I would take the Irish at this point. Waverly has been whipping up on them for years and this is going to be Houston Counties' chance. Houston Co. is the fastest team I have seen in 2A in a long time. They don't pass much but they run sharp routes and the qb can fling it. My hat's off to the Irish for beating my favorite team fair and square. I wish them the best from here on into the playoffs. Trader Two said it best the other day when he said this is not your ordinary Irish team. Forward men...........looks like we will have to hit the road in the first round of the playoffs this year. 

35 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

When you try to turn a defensive tackle into a outside linebacker instead where he needed to be you will get burned no adjustments at the half by riverside coaches you had speed on the edge but failed to use it very confused on what they are thinking 

When your coach has the highest winning percentage in the history of Riverside High School from 1965 to the present, you can take a bad night ever once in a while. When your coaching staff has won several playoff games, you can be patient with them as they continue to work with the boys to meet these goals. The hardest thing about coaching is putting up with the parents, who think they know it all because they have watched football on the couch for a few years. 

Edited by @38320
  • Like 1