FORREST AT SUMMERTOWN

GeneralForrest

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

garbage. esp this year its a huge game. we have beaten them back to back and we have to drive a zillion miles. esp for me if i go from Algood. gimme AT community. we could beat them with our cheerleaders and band.  

It does suck it’s hard for me to go union city after work. Then they change our start times to 7 instead of 730 even harder 

1 minute ago, tradertwo said:

Hey, the officials used to call our field "the cowpasture"... our visitors side had no bleachers...our bathroom facilities were nice though, two brand new porta-potties!!!

We made fun of ourselves more than others did, and it made us determined to do better… we still don't have the nicest in Tennessee now, but we're also still building, and very proud of what we have done so far.

As long as the port a potties are clean it’s all good 

Not too sensitive but yes it gets old. I mean, not long ago we were middle earth hobbit goblins according to the General so I thought I’d reply this time. Like I said above... I’m looking forward to this weeks game and hosting the Rockets again this year. We are really trying to improve everything but with our unique situation there has been no help from county government or the school itself in the way of funding. Our field is on private property away from the school so they can’t spend tax payer money and I understand that. Just a sore subject all the way around. The bleachers were $36k bought used with donations and fund raisers. So that’s why it’s slow go. Finding stuff we can afford makes it even harder. Sorry for coming across as too sensitive but it’s been an uphill battle for 8 years now and they just keep dangling the “new school” carrot and moving down the road further and further. 

As as far as scheduling. I think it has a lot to do with Columbia Academy going to Div 2 . We played att Lewis co last year and this year and also Mt pleasant both years.

5 minutes ago, Jpd73 said:

Not too sensitive but yes it gets old. I mean, not long ago we were middle earth hobbit goblins according to the General so I thought I’d reply this time. Like I said above... I’m looking forward to this weeks game and hosting the Rockets again this year. We are really trying to improve everything but with our unique situation there has been no help from county government or the school itself in the way of funding. Our field is on private property away from the school so they can’t spend tax payer money and I understand that. Just a sore subject all the way around. The bleachers were $36k bought used with donations and fund raisers. So that’s why it’s slow go. Finding stuff we can afford makes it even harder. Sorry for coming across as too sensitive but it’s been an uphill battle for 8 years now and they just keep dangling the “new school” carrot and moving down the road further and further. 

As as far as scheduling. I think it has a lot to do with Columbia Academy going to Div 2 . We played att Lewis co last year and this year and also Mt pleasant both years.

Why don’t whoever owns it deed it over to the school. Seems like a simple fix 

2 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

i reserve middle earth + cyclops zombies for Huntland and Waverly.  

why does it get old. its a joke man. laugh along with us. its gonan be two good teams fri and thats all that matters, this is to passs the time til then. u will see i am respectful once the game is done.  

10-4 man! And anyone that drives from Algood to even Chapel Hill to support their team deserves the Super fan award... much less another hour down the road. Safe travels for you to every game!

• Like 1