#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

29 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Big cross town battle this Friday. This game has decided the Region Champion every year since 2013. I expect another tight game between the 2. 

Oakland has cruised through it's first 6 games while Blackman has played a gauntlet of teams. 

Only way this is a game is if the Blackman from the 4th Quarter of last week shows up the whole game. If they sleepwalk for a half like they did against Riverdale, it's going to be the mercy rule.

Even if that's the case, Blackman was basically one dimensional, which is a death sentence playing a defense of Oakland's caliber. Oakland by a couple of scores even if Blackman brings their A game

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Only way this is a game is if the Blackman from the 4th Quarter of last week shows up the whole game. If they sleepwalk for a half like they did against Riverdale, it's going to be the mercy rule.

Even if that's the case, Blackman was basically one dimensional, which is a death sentence playing a defense of Oakland's caliber. Oakland by a couple of scores even if Blackman brings their A game

You make excellent points. 

Good Luck slowing down that Oakland Offense (Avg. 69 points a game) :roflol:

Also, on Defense they are only giving up 7.5 points a game. 

Blackman is not the same caliber as the Oakland Patriots.  Blackman opened the season losing to Alcoa. Which was beat by Maryville (17-3 at Alcoa).... Oakland is gonna be traveling to "Ole East Tn" for that show down in the Semis and will beat Maryville by 21+. That is with Blount County Officials at Renfro Field. 

That being said, Sorry Blaze. Gonna have to 

A) Start Recruiting

B)Change staff

to catch Oakland moving forward! 

1 minute ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Blackman is not the same caliber as the Oakland Patriots.  Blackman opened the season losing to Alcoa. Which was beat by Maryville (17-3 at Alcoa).... Oakland is gonna be traveling to "Ole East Tn" for that show down in the Semis and will beat Maryville by 21+. That is with Blount County Officials at Renfro Field. 

A) Start Recruiting

B)Change staff

You're only as good as your assistants. I think Hartsfield is a good coach, not sure about the assistants. 

1 minute ago, GoPats2019 said:

You're only as good as your assistants. I think Hartsfield is a good coach, not sure about the assistants. 

I can get on board with this. However, Hartsfield is the one at the Helm and he is in charge of who does what and what they coach. Looking on the other side, by not making sure you have some Solid Assistants that results on the Head Coach. 

Obviously, we know that sometimes its hard in HS to get who you want, but the reality is coach the coaches if you have too or else do it with lower number of coaches. 

22 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

A) Start Recruiting

B)Change staff

Talent wise, Blackman is neck and neck with Oakland. Unfortunately for Blackman, the 2 best coaches in the region coach at Oakland and maybe the best position coach as well

Blackman is In a precarious position. They fired Shadowens over improprieties and push out Watson becauae he couldn't beat Oakland. They pretty much have to roll with who they have for better or worse because no HC worth his salt is going to take that job if the program is unstable 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have been down on our blaze with our lack of offense, but I think we have it straightened out now.  Our defense is tough and I think Oakland won't score as much as you think.  It's a 4th quarter game and beam and the WRs will make plays behind the home crowd. If our offense was clicking earlier in the year like it did in 2nd half at Riverdale, we would have beat Alcoa and Ravenwood.  Blackman 17 Oakland 14 in a thriller.  

2 hours ago, BigGameHunter said:

I have been down on our blaze with our lack of offense, but I think we have it straightened out now.  Our defense is tough and I think Oakland won't score as much as you think.  It's a 4th quarter game and beam and the WRs will make plays behind the home crowd. If our offense was clicking earlier in the year like it did in 2nd half at Riverdale, we would have beat Alcoa and Ravenwood.  Blackman 17 Oakland 14 in a thriller.  

Take Coffee and Warren County out of the equation and Blackman gives up 27.5ppg. I dare say Oakland will score more than 14pts considering they average 59ppg.