#1 Oakland (6-0) @ Blackman (3-3)

GoPats2019

Just my 25 cents worth if it is worth that. I have been a blaze fan through and through. I fought to keep Shadowens( Because I believe he was and still is a man of good character and I like what he was about on and of the field)  I wasn't a fan of the way Watson was pushed out the door, and I truthfully like Hartsfield and his staff. All that said, I think we saw a glimmer of the real Blackman offense in the second half of the Riverdale game.  Remember they really played vanilla offense with very limited passing in all 5 of their games leading up to Riverdale 2nd half. Ran a ton of off tackle plays and tried to stretch the field side to side. I believe Hatrsfield intentionally had not opened anything up with hopes to save what he has for this game. I believe with the new facilities there is a bigger  pressure to be tops in the county or be gone floating out there. I think his cage rattled a little bit and reminded that losing to Riverdale would not be well received or even acceptable as Blackman has won the last 8 matches before going in at half. 

So I say all that to say Blackman has not had their run game for the last 2 weeks but will on Friday, their passing game showed promise in the second half of the Riverdale game, but they are still struggling on special teams and lost to Alcoa because of it. I expect to see new wrinkles in the Blackman game, but I fear that the execution will not be there because the familiarity will not be there.  Oakland has been dominant , (blhoooophey.... hate saying that...lol) I expect this to be an air assault that Blackman can't stop. We will play jump ball or 1 over 1 under and give up coverage in the middle of the field   This hurts but I am choking on vomitt as I say Patriots by 21 . 

3 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

No they have not - oakland has had a very weak schedule. I’m not buying the above.

alcoa is very good - raven wood is very good - so is Brentwood btw 

this I a trap game for Oakland make no mistake about it 

This guy here has some good points!  

my point on the schedule is this...Oakland has not been tested at all, how will they react in a close game, what if blackman gets out to a lead?  Blackman has been in close games and lost...I give you that....but Friday night I really believe you see their A game.   Alcoa is top 5-8 in state all classes.  Blackman is 6-0 if they played Oakland schedule ....have they played a team with a winning record? 

It will be a great game friday

4 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

No they have not - oakland has had a very weak schedule. I’m not buying the above.

alcoa is very good - raven wood is very good - so is Brentwood btw 

this I a trap game for Oakland make no mistake about it 

Trap game implies a team getting caught looking ahead. This is a rivalry game. Region Championship. Many of the kids know each other, Blackman isn't gonna catch Oakland asleep at the wheel.

People want to bring up Oakland's schedule so I counter with this: Oakland played as tough of a Pre-Season slate as possible, going up against Cane Ridge, McCallie, BA and Gallatin. Only Gallatin scored against Oakland. This is a team that is tested with a championship to show for it. Many of the key guys defensively for Oakland this year were a key part in dominating Maryville & Whitehaven.

Also, why do you think teams were so keen to play Blackman, but not Oakland? Indy just got done with a 2 year schedule against Oakland where they got mercy ruled each time. These teams want a feather in their cap for beating a quality RuCo team, but they don't want to risk their pride by facing Oakland. 

Blackman has had a quarter or a half where they have played well, but haven't pieced it together for a whole game. To  have a chance they're going to have to A.) Have something resembling a competent running game B.) Win the turnover battle C.) Play a complete game D.) Win the special teams battle

10 hours ago, BigGameHunter said:

This guy here has some good points!  

my point on the schedule is this...Oakland has not been tested at all, how will they react in a close game, what if blackman gets out to a lead?  Blackman has been in close games and lost...I give you that....but Friday night I really believe you see their A game.   Alcoa is top 5-8 in state all classes.  Blackman is 6-0 if they played Oakland schedule ....have they played a team with a winning record? 

It will be a great game friday

If Oakland had played Blackman’s schedule, they’d be 6-0. 

1 hour ago, BigGameHunter said:

If your overconfidence is indicative of Oakland players, then that may play right into our hands!  

It's not overconfidence. I'm not saying Blackman can't beat Oakland, I'm just saying Oakland is the best team on your schedule this year. You are 3-3 and 17 seconds from being 2-4. 

Can you honestly say Blackman 2019 is better than Blackman 2018? 

Other than home field, tell me any place Blackman has the advantage?