Beech vs Hillsboro

GWAVE1

32 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

I like Beech to continue its perfect season! They know how to win close games if that's what it comes down to

I agree, Crabtree is an incredible coach and knows what to do in tough situations.  Hillsboro has a lot of offensive weapons but their defense is lacking compared to past teams.  Beech is not flashy, you just have to stop what they do which is run right at you over and over.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, werazzlin said:

Just found out this game is going to be TV game of the week. Does this change the outcome? Does playing on TV make kids play harder? Thoughts? 

Doesn’t change the outcome, but watching film, Hillsboro is a different team than they were when they played Gallatin. After that time, they have made several changes/adjustments. Appear fast, but not as physical as in recent years. 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, eers said:

Doesn’t change the outcome, but watching film, Hillsboro is a different team than they were when they played Gallatin. After that time, they have made several changes/adjustments. Appear fast, but not as physical as in recent years. 

All teams are different after a few games and adjustments.   I think Crabtree has the coaching edge and frankly the Hillsboro defense is just not that good.  

Just now, tandem said:

I still think this a Beech team has a lot of improving to do, but believe they will win another close one at Shackle Island. 

I agree with improvements, but last week just felt different... after the first series. I thought the line play was much improved on both sides of the ball. Still trying to find people to step up and fill a couple vacancies. 

Like I said in another post, they played with a little edge. A little swagger. Maybe a bit of a chip on their shoulder. If they play that way mentally, they will be hard to beat at the end of the season and come playoff time.