AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 30, 2019

Southtowner

8 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Again I'm not comparing us to greenback. You said that we will find out if we are in the category with megis/Loudon in november. If you mean catagory as to who beats greenback then yes we wont know that until november IF we play them.We will know if we are in the category with Meigs next week as we play meigs.  Again we play meigs county next Friday night by playing meigs county we will know where we stand with the caliber of teams like Meigs . Meigs  may beat us by 50 or we may beat them. Either way it has nothing to do with greenback. Teams match up with other teams differently. Right now the pirates haven't played very good competition. This game Friday will shine some light as to how good we really are.  Meigs county is a very good football team.  

These type games are the ones that people remember normally. Always exciting.

13 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Again I'm not comparing us to greenback. You said that we will find out if we are in the category with megis/Loudon in november. If you mean catagory as to who beats greenback then yes we wont know that until november IF we play them.We will know if we are in the category with Meigs next week as we play meigs.  Again we play meigs county next Friday night by playing meigs county we will know where we stand with the caliber of teams like Meigs . Meigs  may beat us by 50 or we may beat them. Either way it has nothing to do with greenback. Teams match up with other teams differently. Right now the pirates haven't played very good competition. This game Friday will shine some light as to how good we really are.  Meigs county is a very good football team.  

By your logic "my" mediocre Oneida Indians may be in the same category as meigs as well. We haven't played them either. 

Long time reader of coacht here. I have always have gotten a kick out of reading some of the stuff here. I only have two colors in my crayon box so to speak though. SP orange and black. I thought it was about time I joined in the fun. We respect Greenback and their program but we don't fear them.  They definitely have a great team again this season. The Pirates aren't bad either though. If that game takes place these kids will show up and lay it all on the line. At the end of the night we will shake hands and go home.  One thing about it. Lord willing and If they meet up both will have had really good seasons again. Respectfully the slight about Marion County all stars is very inaccurate.  98% of this group of juniors and seniors have been together since they were 5/6 year old. They have put in a lot of hard work to get to this point.  Actually we have lost more kinds than we gained through the years. We have 6 or 7 really good ball players that aren't with us anymore.

1 hour ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Long time reader of coacht here. I have always have gotten a kick out of reading some of the stuff here. I only have two colors in my crayon box so to speak though. SP orange and black. I thought it was about time I joined in the fun. We respect Greenback and their program but we don't fear them.  They definitely have a great team again this season. The Pirates aren't bad either though. If that game takes place these kids will show up and lay it all on the line. At the end of the night we will shake hands and go home.  One thing about it. Lord willing and If they meet up both will have had really good seasons again. Respectfully the slight about Marion County all stars is very inaccurate.  98% of this group of juniors and seniors have been together since they were 5/6 year old. They have put in a lot of hard work to get to this point.  Actually we have lost more kinds than we gained through the years. We have 6 or 7 really good ball players that aren't with us anymore.

As was the mediocre Oneida jab, you forgot to mention that one. 

Edited by crow

59 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Aww did that hurt your feelings?  

Nope we kinda expect that sorta junk from you. I was just playing along with you when your daddy or big brother whoever decided to call me on my comment. Just making sure he was up to speed. I've been around these boards long enough to not get my feelings hurt, especially if I have never met and therefore place no value in the posters opinions. We both know you were taking a shot because you didn't like greenback getting so much attention, Oneida wasn't a factor in the conversation and no one has mentioned them in any "elite" team conversation except maybe to say we're not one. I simply jabbed back. No hurt feelings at all. 

Edited by crow

23 minutes ago, crow said:

Nope we kinda expect that sorta junk from you. I was just playing along with you when your daddy or big brother whoever decided to call me on my comment. Just making sure he was up to speed. I've been around these boards long enough to not get my feelings hurt, especially if I have never met and therefore place no value in the posters opinions. We both know you were taking a shot because you didn't like greenback getting so much attention, Oneida wasn't a factor in the conversation and no one has mentioned them in any "elite" team conversation except maybe to say we're not one. I simply jabbed back. No hurt feelings at all. 

We haven't played a game in what seems like a month or longer.  Wrong or right we might take jabs at anything that moves.  Longbeard probably can only attest to the all star comment and not know dilly about Oneida whether they be mediocre or not. 

Edited by Southtowner

2 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

We haven't played a game in what seems like a month or longer.  Wrong or right we might take jabs at anything that moves.  Longbeard probably can only attest to the all star comment and not know dilly about Oneida whether they be mediocre or not. 

Whether we're mediocre or not ain't the point. Just not very nice pointing it out is all :roflolk:

1 minute ago, crow said:

Whether we're mediocre or not ain't the point. Just not very nice pointing it out is all :roflolk:

Your definitely have a good team Crow, dont sell yourself short. It's not a given Meigs will beat you in a couple weeks either. Our only measuring stick atm is Greenback and that was a whopper of a game that we barely managed to squeak out a win. I'd love to see how your team would fair against the other top teams in 2A this year. I believe you would have alot of success for the most part. I'm not sure we wont see you in the qtrs again just saying.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Your definitely have a good team Crow, dont sell yourself short. It's not a given Meigs will beat you in a couple weeks either. Our only measuring stick atm is Greenback and that was a whopper of a game that we barely managed to squeak out a win. I'd love to see how your team would fair against the other top teams in 2A this year. I believe you would have alot of success for the most part. I'm not sure we wont see you in the qtrs again just saying.

Hopefully so. . . At The Reservation of course :grin: