AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 30, 2019

Southtowner

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yall should hang with Meigs.  You didn't do so badly against Greenback.  If yall have gotten better by playing Greenback then the Meigs game should be a dandy.

I think it will definitely be a good game. Their defense as I've stated multiple times is setup to defend our type of offense. Will be a low scoring game I'm sure. We are practicing catching deer next week I'm told. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think it will definitely be a good game. Their defense as I've stated multiple times is setup to defend our type of offense. Will be a low scoring game I'm sure. We are practicing catching deer next week I'm told. :ph34r:

Might better worry about fending off pirate first don't wanna be put in the mediocre category :roflolk:

18 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Yall should hang with Meigs.  You didn't do so badly against Greenback.  If yall have gotten better by playing Greenback then the Meigs game should be a dandy.

Don't know if we can or not. Honestly though Meigs and upperman are very similar. I'm hoping we can hang with them. Everyone knows the caliber team they are. 

4 minutes ago, crow said:

Might better worry about fending off pirate first don't wanna be put in the mediocre category :roflolk:

Yeah,last i checked we dont have a game set yet.Might not happen.I would just worry about Meigs first and by the sound of it willy is not expecting Meigs to be as good as some think.Def interested in the game but as crow said one game dont really explain another for sure.Meigs is going into hostile Territory for sure!

6 minutes ago, crow said:

As a spectator, I will speculate as far ahead as I would like muhahaha!:rolleyes:. Gonna take a guess though and say this is the best defense you've had the last 4 years?

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yeah,last i checked we dont have a game set yet.Might not happen.I would just worry about Meigs first and by the sound of it willy is not expecting Meigs to be as good as some think.Def interested in the game but as crow said one game dont really explain another for sure.Meigs is going into hostile Territory for sure!

Were hoping to bring some hostile with us ;) Our crowd really needs a good kickstart we may feed them some gunpowder before we come :roflol:

Edited by Imthayeti

43 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

As a spectator, I will speculate as far ahead as I would like muhahaha!:rolleyes:. Gonna take a guess though and say this is the best defense you've had the last 4 years?

Not sure about last 4, I'd have to look at 16 but I'd say it is. They have their moments. I know between GB and Upperman I can think of 3 1st and goals that were turned back. Those 2 offenses are tough. Give up more yards than most think we would but they're a little tough to score on sometimes. I will say we've given up more splash plays then we usually do and kicking game hasn'tbeen the automatic we're used to. Oddly enough same kicker lol. Teenagers after all. 

Edited by crow

6 minutes ago, crow said:

Not sure about last 4, I'd have to look at 16 but I'd say it is. They have their moments. I know between GB and Upperman I can think of 3 1st and goals that were turned back. Those 2 offenses are tough. Give up more yards than most think we would but they're a little tough to score on sometimes. I will say we've given up more splash plays then we usually do and kicking game hasn'tbeen the automatic we're used to. Oddly enough same kicker lol. Teenagers after all. 

Considering your competition I had figured your defense was better than what I was use to seeing these last few years. It was always good,  just better this year. Dont feel bad Greenback threw for 300 yards against us. One of those type offense you cant stop but you can slow it down just enough to win sometimes. I think Trousdale last year had that type of defense. It was really good.

2 hours ago, crow said:

Nope, wrong again there Uno, Meigs and Loudon beat GB. Us and the rest of the mediocre crew did not. You wont know which category youre in until you play them. Then we shall see how your Marion County all stars fair in November. If I need to explain more s-l-o-w-l-y let me know. Oh, Betcha they get ya by more than 13. Then you can truly be mediocre as well. 

Again I'm not comparing us to greenback. You said that we will find out if we are in the category with megis/Loudon in november. If you mean catagory as to who beats greenback then yes we wont know that until november IF we play them.We will know if we are in the category with Meigs next week as we play meigs.  Again we play meigs county next Friday night by playing meigs county we will know where we stand with the caliber of teams like Meigs . Meigs  may beat us by 50 or we may beat them. Either way it has nothing to do with greenback. Teams match up with other teams differently. Right now the pirates haven't played very good competition. This game Friday will shine some light as to how good we really are.  Meigs county is a very good football team.  

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Man I dont see everybody picking the Mustangs. Looks about 50/50 to me. Lake Co and Huntingdon are both outstanding 1a football teams. We hopefully will settle it in Huntingdon although the Mustangs will have to beat Cornersville and undefeated Fayetteville to get there. Everybody over here in Mustang land knows how good Lake Co is and hopefully we'll get to play. Our venue is a great setting for a big time game like this one will hopefully be.

I enjoyed the setting and the atmosphere at Huntingdon. I should have taken the opportunity to meet up with some of you and gotten to put a face with the poster.