When will T$$AA...........

Lost Old Dad

make Rutherford County it own Region.  I ask as we have enough teams in the county that are all 6A to do it.  This would also allow teams that do NOT want to be in the region with us be in other Regions.

Warren County and Coffee County and Cookeville all do not want to be in with us.  Being in another Region may give them a chance of a few wins until they can actually build their programs back up.

14 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

make Rutherford County it own Region.  I ask as we have enough teams in the county that are all 6A to do it.  This would also allow teams that do NOT want to be in the region with us be in other Regions.

Warren County and Coffee County and Cookeville all do not want to be in with us.  Being in another Region may give them a chance of a few wins until they can actually build their programs back up.

Won't be until the 2021 Season at the earliest

I thought they split RuCo so they would have a chance to get more teams into the playoffs.  If they are all in the same region, only 4 of them get in.  With the mid state growth projections and more larger schools coming online, 6A in the mid state will have a larger presence in the next classification.

From the looks of projections Sumner County could go from 2 to 4 6A teams.  The superintendent has given hints that the teams even request to move up to stay together if enrollment numbers have them in 5A this next go round.

I think the teams that are in the RuCo split regions would like to be out of those regions as well.  It would give them a better chance at playoffs at best.  A better overall record at worst.

Wilson County will have 4 teams with close to 6A numbers for the new classifications that will be made know next November using next September enrollment numbers.

The biggest thing to remember is that Davidson County (metro teams) doesn’t want to be in a region by themselves.  It would give more of them a chance for a playoff spot but kill them financially since attendance is so disappointing.

7 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I thought they split RuCo so they would have a chance to get more teams into the playoffs.  If they are all in the same region, only 4 of them get in.  With the mid state growth projections and more larger schools coming online, 6A in the mid state will have a larger presence in the next classification.

From the looks of projections Sumner County could go from 2 to 4 6A teams.  The superintendent has given hints that the teams even request to move up to stay together if enrollment numbers have them in 5A this next go round.

I think the teams that are in the RuCo split regions would like to be out of those regions as well.  It would give them a better chance at playoffs at best.  A better overall record at worst.

Wilson County will have 4 teams with close to 6A numbers for the new classifications that will be made know next November using next September enrollment numbers.

The biggest thing to remember is that Davidson County (metro teams) doesn’t want to be in a region by themselves.  It would give more of them a chance for a playoff spot but kill them financially since attendance is so disappointing.

I would actually be for an all RuCo region. The 4 that would emerge going into the playoffs would be a pretty tough out. I look forward to Gallatin joining 6A in the next cycle

1 hour ago, Lost Old Dad said:

I think in Region 5, Smyrna has about a 90% chance of making the playoffs on a yearly basis & Stewarts Creek and LaVergne at about 50%.

If they're back in Region 3; which 4 make the playoffs?

Blackman

La Vergne

Oakland

Riverdale

Rockvale

Siegel

Smyrna

Stewarts Creek

And with new schools in the pipeline for Almaville, Christiana, Walter Hill & Buchanan, you'll soon have more schools than the region can hold. 

2 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I think in Region 5, Smyrna has about a 90% chance of making the playoffs on a yearly basis & Stewarts Creek and LaVergne at about 50%.

If they're back in Region 3; which 4 make the playoffs?

Blackman

La Vergne

Oakland

Riverdale

Rockvale

Siegel

Smyrna

Stewarts Creek

And with new schools in the pipeline for Almaville, Christiana, Walter Hill & Buchanan, you'll soon have more schools than the region can hold. 

True, but it's going to be at least one classification cycle before another one even gets built

I like having the county split into two regions. For the playoffs one side goes east and one side goes west. That means that it is possible for two Rutherford County teams to meet in the state championship game. I know it is unlikely, but it is possible. I don't believe that any other county can claim that possibility.