Greenback @ Coalfield

orngnblk

1 minute ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

McKinney is a tough player. I really liked him. But I have to ask: why was he still out there when he was clearly banged up and the game was out of reach?

I don't know but he clearly wasn't  able to cover nobody effectively as I thought he done pretty good job keeping the Willis kid in check somewhat with help to that point.  They had  somebody trying to jam him off the ball with him shadowing him all night.  He definitely a great receiver.

21 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

I don't know but he clearly wasn't  able to cover nobody effectively as I thought he done pretty good job keeping the Willis kid in check somewhat with help to that point.  They had  somebody trying to jam him off the ball with him shadowing him all night.  He definitely a great receiver.

I’ll say this and leave it at that. From CF’s point of view, I guess you could say you kept Willis “in check”. But us GB fans know we could call 10 post routes on consecutive plays and at least 9 would be caught (probably for a TD). But that’s not how our offense works. With 3 DL and 1 LB in the box, we’re gonna run the ball. And we should run the ball. We already know we can throw. We wanna prove that we can run. McKinney is a good athlete but he was targeted like 2-3 times max. Still a needed game for both teams to correct mistakes. Good luck to CF the rest of the way. 

21 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

I’ll say this and leave it at that. From CF’s point of view, I guess you could say you kept Willis “in check”. But us GB fans know we could call 10 post routes on consecutive plays and at least 9 would be caught (probably for a TD). But that’s not how our offense works. With 3 DL and 1 LB in the box, we’re gonna run the ball. And we should run the ball. We already know we can throw. We wanna prove that we can run. McKinney is a good athlete but he was targeted like 2-3 times max. Still a needed game for both teams to correct mistakes. Good luck to CF the rest of the way. 

Willis is definitely the best wide out that I have ever seen at the 1a level   

20 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Your correct, he is definitely the best athlete on the field and I see were your coming from. His brother that played a few years back wasn't too shabby either.  Good luck to Greenback. 

34 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Your correct, he is definitely the best athlete on the field and I see were your coming from. His brother that played a few years back wasn't too shabby either.  Good luck to Greenback. 

Thank you and good luck to you guys the rest of the way. 

I will say this the team I watched last week against midway was not the team that showed up tonight. Coalfield came ready. If you play like you did tonight against OS you will win imo. 

6 hours ago, nakedbootlegger said:

Willis is definitely the best wide out that I have ever seen at the 1a level   

Bootlegger like nation said i watched all i could on Coalfield and brother they just didnt look the part in ANY of those games.BUT it is a testimony to your kids and coaching to get them ready for a game of this ones magnitude.My hat goes off to the kids on the field because their hearts were left there too!Penalties or not your boys played big time ball last night and in all fairness probably the most physical team we have played as far as im concerned.Last year you all were like a limp handshake big turn around this year.If you all dont play that way against OS then shame on you guys!LOL.We need everyones best every week and you all could not have played better.Good luck we shall meet again!

Good job to our boys for fighting thru a hostile crowd and overcoming some adversity on the field that we caused ourselves.SHUTUP and get back to the huddle its about the team NOT YOU!That will cost us BIG in a playoff game.#1 you played your arse off and im proud to have you in OnB.#23 as always you come up big with blocks runs or WHATEVER we ask.#20 will knock your socks off and fold your laundry for you.:lol:Line play needs to stay consistent every week,oh and if you dont know I HATE BYE WEEKS and glad its gone!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

McKinney is a tough player. I really liked him. But I have to ask: why was he still out there when he was clearly banged up and the game was out of reach?

Let me ask you a question. Was you there watching that Shadowens mans boys that were part of the orchestrating efforts? I garuntee I aint joking either. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

37 minutes ago, Shadroach said:

Spoiled Babies.

After hearing and reading all the armchair QB's talk about how lousy The Kees were Friday night makes me wonder what it takes to please the kindergarten crew. In my opinion it was a genius coaching job. Did you think even for a second that at no point would the top receiver not be double and triple covered this year? Ryan sure didn't! He KNEW it was coming and was totally prepared. GB is LOADED with threats passing and rushing. He used them all like a surgeon keeping an extraordinarily well coached, talented and scrappy team off balance all night. Don't believe me? Look at the stats. Like I always say, Numbers do not lie.

Total Offense 463 Yards

Rushing  188 Yards  9.89 av per carry

Rushing By Diff Ball Carriers  8

Passing  275 Yards  19.64 av per catch

Passes Caught By Diff Receivers  7

TD's By Different Players  6

TD Total  7

Get prepared kids. When you get to the playoffs this is what it's going to take to win games. Multi dimensional offensive attacks. It is easy to scheme for one player (you saw it Friday) not so easy to scheme for a multi headed monster. A GREAT offense takes what the defense gives them. Ryan just wrote the book on that.

I thought the game plan was spot on myself and yes it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know well coached teams are gonna try to take 23 out of it.My ONLY issue last night was our players that took it on themselves to act selfish and cost our team more possessions by extending Coalfield drives by committing fouls by acting up.Make a tackle go to the huddle its not hard.We looked VERY undisciplined last night for the first time all year.Those actions will cost us dearly later in the year.109 yards in penalties is outrageous.70 in first half alone.