Brad Lee vizits tha Skeetur (offishual thread)

STARSNBARS

18 hours ago, Gov said:

Let’s just nip this in the bud! I am Coach Freeman so I am not gonna hide behind a screen name. First it is perfectly fine to bash us coaches on this board! That is part of it and as someone who has been bashed on here many times we know that’s part of it! Yes it would be nice to know who is behind the screen name but we understand it doesn’t take much courage to do it behind a screen name so it’s easy to ignore it! But this is the second time you have called out one of our players and I can’t in Good conscious let this one go! The young man you have mentioned is a quality young man who plays hard between the whistle. I can assure you that any player on our team who is found to take cheap shots will be dealt with accordingly! Coach Floyd has had many conversations with our players concerning anything related to this issue! We have pay day on Monday and players are disciplined for any personal fouls or penalties that may be called on them in a game deserved or undeserved. If your gonna call out a player, the least you can do is put your name behind it. If not please keep your negative comments of players to yourself. 

Can I make a suggestion. Some of those athletes you have on Offense may need more playing time on the defensive side off the ball as well. Hall, Clark, Dills etc to name a few. Especially for this game and Mcminn

Edited by TnBear

1 minute ago, TnBear said:

Can I make a suggestion. Some of those athletes you have in Offense may need more playing time on the defensive side if the ball as well. Hall, Clark, etc to name a few. 

Secondary is semi good. Problem isn't the secondary. It's the front 7. They're really small and not fast. Slowest defense we have had in recent years. Our Dline just gets manhandled. Got to have some beef up front. Can only imangine what Tee will do Friday if he gets to play. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Secondary is semi good. Problem isn't the secondary. It's the front 7. They're really small and not fast. Slowest defense we have had in recent years. Our Dline just gets manhandled. Got to have some beef up front. Can only imangine what Tee will do Friday if he gets to play. 

Well I would def use Dills at nose tackle or something. It has to be fixed. Our nose tackle is 150 lbs soak and wet lol

Edited by TnBear

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear......

1. Dante Hickey wuz vurry vurry goodur

b. 1E mite ort two bee tha late Aaron Douglass

3. Albert Davis Sr. wuz in a league all his own......In the words or sumbodee eye rilly trusted...."Big Al would have been the first Hershel Walker in the SEC had it worked out for him."

4. Mairvul bettur bee reddy orr tha Bares offence weal bee runnin upp and down tha feeled on us

e. This paist Fridee eye loadid upp ole Nellie wif me, Momma and tha pups and we wint upp onn the knew Footheels Parkway and saw tha purtee seenree....and on tha way baick comin down Wears Vallee Rode eye saw tha coolest thang ov all-time.......:thumb:

48966403_2457650694262237_4120830703136931840_o.jpg

Edited by STARSNBARS

I didn’t say Curry was one of the the best football players ever to step on the field at MHS- only one of the best pure athletes in terms of the combination of size, speed, jumping ability, etc.. I don’t think it is an outlandish statement at all nor do I think I am jumping the gun on it. He is a big time, high major athlete. Great athletes are often very good at multiple sports- Curry is very good at basketball, too. FYI, I also know MHS will be prepared for him.

Edited by Norman Dale

37 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Lett me ennurjeck rite hear......

1. Dante Hickey wuz vurry vurry goodur

b. 1E mite ort two bee tha late Aaron Douglass

3. Albert Davis Sr. wuz in a league all his own......In the words or sumbodee eye rilly trusted...."Big Al would have been the first Hershel Walker in the SEC had it worked out for him."

4. Mairvul bettur bee reddy orr tha Bares offence weal bee runnin upp and down tha feeled on us

e. This paist Fridee eye loadid upp ole Nellie wif me, Momma and tha pups and we wint upp onn the knew Footheels Parkway and saw tha purtee seenree....and on tha way baick comin down Wears Vallee Rode eye saw tha coolest thang ov all-time.......:thumb:

48966403_2457650694262237_4120830703136931840_o.jpg

Totally agree about Hickey and AD, stars- those guys were phenomenal. Albert Davis, Sr. was a bit before my time but I have heard enough eyewitness accounts to agree totally, as well.

Edited by Norman Dale

3 hours ago, MLREB said:

Good choice but I’m a little partial. I’m going with Daniel Spradlin as 1A and Jason Whitten as 1B. 

Good picks- Spradlin was a beast as was Witten. A lot people forget how good on defense Jason was. In fact, as I recall, a lot people were surprised he played TE at UT rather than defense but it worked out for him very, very well.