Portland and Trousdale

football6

1 hour ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

With the TC qb out will this change the type offense the yellow jackets use friday? I feel TC wins out for the season but this is a huge loss for playoffs.

I would say they will play it game by game, and situation by situation. Personnel may change some but also wouldn’t be surprised if they rely on backup QB which is a sophomore Keenan Burnley, he doesn’t have the big play ability as Hicks does, but should be able to manage without a huge drop off.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Not a portland fan by any stretch but coach Nellie was my coach in highschool. Looks like things are falling somewhat in their favor. Rain moving in. Qb out. Could make a difference in this one. 

The rain will be a bigger issue for Portland they throw the ball a lot more than TC. You are forgetting the starting QB from last year for first 8 games is still on TC in #5 also the backs up QB is a good player just young. Best thing about TC team this year the offense doesn’t run through just one player multiple yellow jackets can carry the rock and Do damage. I think when it comes playoff time the offense will change base on the team that TC is facing just like last year. To me, Hicks being out will be a bigger hit on the defensive secondary that is what worries me.

1 hour ago, RTD said:

The rain will be a bigger issue for Portland they throw the ball a lot more than TC. You are forgetting the starting QB from last year for first 8 games is still on TC in #5 also the backs up QB is a good player just young. Best thing about TC team this year the offense doesn’t run through just one player multiple yellow jackets can carry the rock and Do damage. I think when it comes playoff time the offense will change base on the team that TC is facing just like last year. To me, Hicks being out will be a bigger hit on the defensive secondary that is what worries me.

I was waiting on a TC fan to bring that up about #5. Hence why I asked if the qb being out would change the offense. Last season #5 ran the spread pretty well. If I was portland I would prepare for the spread this week. As for the rain being against Portland I disagree. I think TC has a speed advantage but a wet field neutralizes some of that speed and cutting ability. Just my opinions. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

I was waiting on a TC fan to bring that up about #5. Hence why I asked if the qb being out would change the offense. Last season #5 ran the spread pretty well. If I was portland I would prepare for the spread this week. As for the rain being against Portland I disagree. I think TC has a speed advantage but a wet field neutralizes some of that speed and cutting ability. Just my opinions. 

Your right but longer cleats would fix that problem. It will cause problems for both teams but Portland won't be able to make a living running the ball against TC defense at all. TC strength on defense is stopping the run looking at Portland stats they seem to be carried by one player their QB. I don't think he will have the type of game he needs to beat TC.

'

11 minutes ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

Cameron did a great job last year with the spread last year. It may make a comeback or Blake may not like the spread with a new head coach we still don't know his likes and dislikes when it comes to offense. I just think the offense will change on a game to game base.

31 minutes ago, football6 said:

Tc is gonna be fine we got plenty of athletes. We will come out and dominate Friday rain sleet or snow 

If I read correctly I'm sorry to hear about your sons injury man. Hope hes back full swing by playoffs like it was mentioned.

Edited by Imthayeti