Greene Devils verses the Sullivan South Rebels

noonesfool

I just hope for no injuries. Last year we had a senior lineman tear his ACL , and two concussions . It will be interesting to see what happens when they finally have someone stop the run . We have not tried to throw the ball at all even against the weak teams . I am guessing South will try to run out of the spread that won’t work and then it will be the jumbo package and try to run that way and that won’t work . Starting RB rolled his ankle , so he won’t play more than likely. So........ you do the math 

22 minutes ago, cclone21 said:

I can see why you are saying this because Greeneville has played perfect, mistake free, dominant football all season.

Mistake free?!?!     Greeneville continually shot themselves in the foot against a bad Boone team, it was only 10-7 at the half, Greeneville should have beat us 70-0.    Against a very mediocre Science Hill team the GREENE had several miscues and got behind 21-0 in the 1st quarter.      Now granted, the Devils came back and won both games, but to say they have played "mistake free" all year is just nowhere near true.   If they play sloppy against Elizabethton then it might be a very interesting game.

18 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Mistake free?!?!     Greeneville continually shot themselves in the foot against a bad Boone team, it was only 10-7 at the half, Greeneville should have beat us 70-0.    Against a very mediocre Science Hill team the GREENE had several miscues and got behind 21-0 in the 1st quarter.      Now granted, the Devils came back and won both games, but to say they have played "mistake free" all year is just nowhere near true.   If they play sloppy against Elizabethton then it might be a very interesting game.

I was being facetious.

• Upvote 1

This will be closer than people think.  South is huge up front on both sides of the ball and I think they have the advantage against Greeneville on the ground because of that--Greneville is not nearly as good up front as they have been.

Both teams are fairly one dimensional, with South getting the edge on the ground due to that big OL.  South has no passing game, but Greeneville's passing attack isn't the same without Cade Ballard throwing the ball--the difference is that Greeneville still has athletes everywhere who can score from anywhere when they get a crease.

My prediction is that South comes out and successfully plays 3 yards and a cloud of dust, and shortens the game, keeping it from getting out of hand until the 4th.  A healthy Reed could be a difference maker, but South's backups RB is decent.  Meanwhile, Greeneville has a habit of coming out flat and making mistakes in the first half that get them in a hole against average teams.

I look for those Greeneville athletes to be the big difference, limiting South to few explosive offensive plays while ripping off a bunch of their own when they get in the open field.

42-21 Greeneville.