Dobyns Bennett Indians host the Farragut Admirals

DBGRAD70

30 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Well the Tribe didn't pitch a shutout this time, but otherwise Farragut looked just like any of the other conquests this year.

Would not say that as I thought they moved the ball pretty well. The problem was they couldn't hang on to it.  Can't say they win without the turnovers, but it would have been a much closer game. 

3 minutes ago, Tribal said:

Would not say that as I thought they moved the ball pretty well. The problem was they couldn't hang on to it.  Can't say they win without the turnovers, but it would have been a much closer game. 

DB fumbled 4 times , 2 of witch they lost ! Just heard DB had 3 players out on O line - they went far down the bench to get some players starting ! ... with that said it all comes down to Hayworth and what he has done with these lineman - they believe and no matter the size they can play !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tribal said:

The turnovers were a wash. DB had some big turnovers also and about 100 yrds in penalties. Take away that long pass play for a TD by Farragut (busted coverage) and this was a domination. Farragut is a good team, big line, very good QB and they have a couple of really good receivers. I think this was the first real test for DB and they aced it. Both running backs over 100yrds. apiece for the second time this year. Take away that one pass play and the DB secondary looked pretty darn good against a really good quarterback. With three starting offensive linemen lost for the year I just don't see any drop off in protection or opening holes for the backs to run through. They must of drawn straws to decide starters. All this, but the biggest change I see in this years team and teams of the past is with the coaching staff. They are killing it. Every single one of them. Anything can happen but so far from what I've seen this is the best coaching staff I have seen at DB in my lifetime. Period. To come from what they have had in the recent past to where they're at now is really amazing. Hayworth has built a line that looks to be one of the best in 6A. To lose three starters in the offensive line and see no drop off is just really good coaching.  Thacker and who ever else is involved in play calling and reading defense is just the best I have seen here. If they can clean up those silly mistakes they might make a run for it.

Edited by WaCoJaCo
  • Upvote 1

I was stunned over and over just how well they played too.  A massive change from last year and exciting to watch. If they are lucky enough to face Maryville, Maryville will not have a walk in the park like usual.  It will scirr them two deth fer shore.

Edited by DBGRAD70

18 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

I was stunned over and over just how well they played too.  A massive change from last year and exciting to watch. If they are lucky enough to face Maryville, Maryville will not have a walk in the park like usual.  It will scirr them two deth fer shore.

I've learned from the past it's best to not make a prediction when playing Maryville. They don't need any extra motivation. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

The turnovers were a wash. DB had some big turnovers also and about 100 yrds in penalties. Take away that long pass play for a TD by Farragut (busted coverage) and this was a domination. Farragut is a good team, big line, very good QB and they have a couple of really good receivers. I think this was the first real test for DB and they aced it. Both running backs over 100yrds. apiece for the second time this year. Take away that one pass play and the DB secondary looked pretty darn good against a really good quarterback. With three starting offensive linemen lost for the year I just don't see any drop off in protection or opening holes for the backs to run through. They must of drawn straws to decide starters. All this, but the biggest change I see in this years team and teams of the past is with the coaching staff. They are killing it. Every single one of them. Anything can happen but so far from what I've seen this is the best coaching staff I have seen at DB in my lifetime. Period. To come from what they have had in the recent past to where they're at now is really amazing. Hayworth has built a line that looks to be one of the best in 6A. To lose three starters in the offensive line and see no drop off is just really good coaching.  Thacker and who ever else is involved in play calling and reading defense is just the best I have seen here. If they can clean up those silly mistakes they might make a run for it.

Holy cow this team has Waco praising not only the coaches but the secondary. I would have thought that was less likely than creating plutonium with the cleaning supplies under your kitchen sink! :mrgreen: Seriously, this team has played very, very well, and I have been impressed with the coaching too, especially the play calling.  If these Indians can avoid turnovers and penalties they may make some noise in the postseason. 

59 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I haven't even seen DB play yet this year , but I have seen Farragut and I have to agree with you Waco , the Coaching must be much better ! I know you guys have always talked about the secondary play ... and holding Farragut down when they have as good a Qb and Receivers as they do tells me there's a lot of improvement there !! Good luck to you guys and hope we get to meet up down the Road !