Red Boiling Springs Forfeit

Hadmatter

Read Red Boiling Springs forfeited to Clinton County Kentucky.They said not enough players and that some of them went out of town for fall break!!! This is unreal to me.Where is the commitment? It’s no wonder the football there is garbage.Hard to feel sorry for a team that doesn’t seem to care if they play or not.I wonder if TSSAA will fine them and suspend them from playoffs for 2 years

1 hour ago, Hadmatter said:

Read Red Boiling Springs forfeited to Clinton County Kentucky.They said not enough players and that some of them went out of town for fall break!!! This is unreal to me.Where is the commitment? It’s no wonder the football there is garbage.Hard to feel sorry for a team that doesn’t seem to care if they play or not.I wonder if TSSAA will fine them and suspend them from playoffs for 2 years

Suspend them from playoffs? I do not think they have ever been. 

47 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I am glad that TC is out of that region. Playing them and Pickett County does nothing for your program. Easy win and those boys have to get sick of the beat down.

With the way the numbers are looking we will be back in that region in 1A here in a few years when they redo classes.

2 hours ago, Hadmatter said:

I can understand and sympathize for not having enough numbers. I know its tough at that program. That school has about 200 kids but is also grades 6-12. So in reality most likely they only have about 120 kids 9-12. Then consider that about half of those are girls.

So you are talking about a school that probably has 60 or so boys in 9-12.

But when you have kids leave town to go on vacation rather than show up for a football game knowing that its likely gonna result in a forfeit.... I have no words.

They need to do the right thing and scrap that program and let the kids that want to play do so with Macon County. Who also have a numbers issue considering they are a 4A school.

12 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

They went like 5 or 6 years ago when Shoulders was the HC. They went like 6-5 that year. But to my knowledge that is the only winning season they have ever had at that program.

I do not remember that. I just remember them having the longest losing streak in the state and ESPN doing a story on it.

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

With the way the numbers are looking we will be back in that region in 1A here in a few years when they redo classes.

I can understand and sympathize for not having enough numbers. I know its tough at that program. That school has about 200 kids but is also grades 6-12. So in reality most likely they only have about 120 kids 9-12. Then consider that about half of those are girls.

So you are talking about a school that probably has 60 or so boys in 9-12.

But when you have kids leave town to go on vacation rather than show up for a football game knowing that its likely gonna result in a forfeit.... I have no words.

They need to do the right thing and scrap that program and let the kids that want to play do so with Macon County. Who also have a numbers issue considering they are a 4A school.

Them and Pickett need to scrap the programs. They are basketball towns. 

I do not look forward to going back to 1A or to that region. I hated it.

5 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I do not remember that. I just remember them having the longest losing streak in the state and ESPN doing a story on it.

I done a story about it for Yahoo around that time. They had losing streaks of 69 and 61 games that were only broken up by a handful of wins.

But yeah they had a decent run with Kyle Shoulders as the HC. They had a 3-year stretch where they went something like 4-6, 6-5 and 4-6. That year they made the playoffs they lost to Gordy like 28-35 and scored 28 on TC which is unheard of in both of those matchups.

6 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I done a story about it for Yahoo around that time. They had losing streaks of 69 and 61 games that were only broken up by a handful of wins.

But yeah they had a decent run with Kyle Shoulders as the HC. They had a 3-year stretch where they went something like 4-6, 6-5 and 4-6. That year they made the playoffs they lost to Gordy like 28-35 and scored 28 on TC which is unheard of in both of those matchups.

Only a matter of time before Shoulders gets snatched up by a big program

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Only a matter of time before Shoulders gets snatched up by a big program

I mentioned him to Lebanon when they were looking for a HC but they got a good one in Chuck Gentry.

I felt like TC should have offered him the job but they weren't looking for a long-term HC they were just looking for somebody to be here a few years until Satterfield was ready to take over.

14 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I mentioned him to Lebanon when they were looking for a HC but they got a good one in Chuck Gentry.

I felt like TC should have offered him the job but they weren't looking for a long-term HC they were just looking for somebody to be here a few years until Satterfield was ready to take over.

Should Creasy ever leave Oakland, he would be one of my choices if Oakland didn't hire from within