Germantown at Whitehaven

kwc

5 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

But hey at least Germantown has a really good freshmen team smh

That game got really chippy towards the end tonight. Things didn't get out of hand, but they very well could have. Our coaches have seen this before and took preventive measures, thank goodness.

6 minutes ago, kwc said:

That game got really chippy towards the end tonight. Things didn't get out of hand, but they very well could have. Our coaches have seen this before and took preventive measures, thank goodness.

From what I've read, this isn't the first time that's happened in one of their games. I didn't see anything of the like when Oakland played them, but I know when they played HC it was pretty chippy

There was a situation that made most folks in the stands laugh though, well two actually. 

I tell the one ... Germantown's RB broke a rare long run on our defense. Bryson Eason ran him down, and instead of tackling him, he just reached in and took the ball from him, just as pretty as you please, and started running the other way. The thievery was so smooth, the whole crowd was fooled as to what happened, but you could tell he was LOL as he was running down field . After he ran for about 50 yards, we all laughed in the stands 

I guess you had to be there.

LOL!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

But hey at least Germantown has a really good freshmen team smh

Other tweets that haven't aged well from that same twitter account:

* 7 on 7 isn't real football... wait til we get the pads on.

* We are loaded like a baked potato.

* We don't hire new coaches, we upgrade them.

And now we bring you our freshman team is going to win two or three gold balls the next few years. I'll take that bet right now at any odds.

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Other tweets that haven't aged well from that same twitter account:

* 7 on 7 isn't real football... wait til we get the pads on.

* We are loaded like a baked potato.

* We don't hire new coaches, we upgrade them.

And now we bring you our freshman team is going to win two or three gold balls the next few years. I'll take that bet right now at any odds.

Same account also accused more than 1 team of playing dirty. That account does a better job at firing up the opposing team than their coach would

• Like 2

if by chippy you mean playing dirty then that's exactly what they were doing. they have nothing else to lose. you gettin smashed up and down the field so what the hey!!! so they pulled all the 3 headed monsters out plus some other key guys that didn't need to be in there. Gtown been getting beat up by Da Haven all week.  from the Middle school team on up! oh they freshman team gonna win state!! Lol 

19 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

if by chippy you mean playing dirty then that's exactly what they were doing. they have nothing else to lose. you gettin smashed up and down the field so what the hey!!! so they pulled all the 3 headed monsters out plus some other key guys that didn't need to be in there. Gtown been getting beat up by Da Haven all week.  from the Middle school team on up! oh they freshman team gonna win state!! Lol 

Did the refs try to throw #2 out of the game towards the end? What was all.of that about?

13 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

As I said after watching them play, Germantown isn’t that good.  They barely beat Father Ryan after being down the whole game. That freshman team must be the Football version of the Fab 5!

We have a few years to find out.