8-0 Pearl Cohn @ 6-2 Independence

FBfan26

56 minutes ago, RecordBook said:

Pearl's not afraid to play tough competition and they won't run away!

Of course they aren't. They are a very good 3A team. That is a D2-3A, 6A, and 5A nightmare opponent. PC has nothing to lose if the play one of those teams and lose. It's not like that for the D2-3A, 6A, or 5A team. They lose face or reputation if they play a very good 3A team and lose. That's why PC and Covington and Alcoa have trouble scheduling games with the Oaklands, and the like. The larger schools don't really gain anything if they beat a very good 3A team that most folks think that they should beat because it is 6A vs 3A, or whatever it is.

It is similar to why UT won't play the University of Memphis or Middle Tennessee State, or why Ole Miss and Mississippi State won't play Southern Miss. Too much to lose in-state if the SEC school loses to the non-SEC FBS school.

Edited by kwc
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl tried to schedule a series with Oakland a few years ago.  I would have liked to have seen it come to fruition.  I saw them beat Oakland in 7vs7 back in July.  It would have been a special matchup this year no question about it.

Given that the region is now drastically weaker than in the past, they're probably more open to it than in the past. Can't speak for everyone, but I don't think a team being 3A of beliw would deter Creasy from scheduling them

11 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl tried to schedule a series with Oakland a few years ago.  I would have liked to have seen it come to fruition.  I saw them beat Oakland in 7vs7 back in July.  It would have been a special matchup this year no question about it.

Would love to get a Rutherford county team on the schedule. Last time we played up there I recall we ran into the ITrain at blackman in 2012 and that didnt turn out so well. Also it was I think the worst year played. We was 3-7 also Cpa was in the district I think

32 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Would love to get a Rutherford county team on the schedule. Last time we played up there I recall we ran into the ITrain at blackman in 2012 and that didnt turn out so well. Also it was I think the worst year played. We was 3-7 also Cpa was in the district I think

If it was up to me, I'd schedule PC every year because I know they'll renew pretty much every year unless something crazy goes down

• Upvote 1