2A AP Poll Week 9

PHSRollTide

3 minutes ago, crow said:

Really you don't value SOS when evaluating a teams record? I do a lot. Beating high level competition is far more impressive and does much more to prepare teams for post season than feeding them cupcakes every Friday IMO. 

I agree with this.

1 minute ago, crow said:

Really you don't value SOS when evaluating a teams record? I do a lot. Beating high level competition is far more impressive and does much more to prepare teams for post season than feeding them cupcakes every Friday IMO. 

I don't like the cupcakes either crow, but getting your brains beat in just to have a tuff SOS never made sense to me.....It's about match ups. If you recall, our 2015 team was gonna get destroyed by SW, GCA, AE, and on and on because of our SOS...Didn't happen. And if we'd been healthy, we would have given MC all they wanted and more in the semis. 

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I don't like the cupcakes either crow, but getting your brains beat in just to have a tuff SOS never made sense to me.....It's about match ups. If you recall, our 2015 team was gonna get destroyed by SW, GCA, AE, and on and on because of our SOS...Didn't happen. And if we'd been healthy, we would have given MC all they wanted and more in the semis. 

Well I see your point. Tuner being a prime example of that I'd say. Those are very difficult games they had scheduled. Not to sound negative, but I doubt it was a positive experience but who l knows. I'd rather play a tough game with a chance of winning or barely losing than play someone who you know is gonna beat the brakes off of ya. No gain in that imo.

Just now, Imthayeti said:

Well I see your point. Tuner being a prime example of that I'd say. Those are very difficult games they had scheduled. Not to sound negative, but I doubt it was a positive experience but who l knows. I'd rather play a tough game with a chance of winning or barely losing than play someone who you know is gonna beat the brakes off of ya. No gain in that imo.

I agree with that...We have a few of those every year. Have to have unless we want to travel hours to play...We play who we can get. You would not believe the NO's we get when schedule time comes around 

I'm not saying schedule alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale and Oakland as my 4 out of region but high level I believe teams perform better in tough games if they have experienced hard fought games already. To the other side of the beat to death scenario we've all saw players get injured in game 1 or against inferior teams a lot. I'm not sure if a team plays clean them being better increases chance of injury that much TBH. 

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I agree with that...We have a few of those every year. Have to have unless we want to travel hours to play...We play who we can get. You would not believe the NO's we get when schedule time comes around 

In all honesty, GP was a much improved team over last year. Was it a positive experience you think for the kids? I mean you think they took anything from it?

3 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Yes I would, lol. Not that everyone is afraid of us because they're not. We get the "well it'd be a good game and I'd like to but that's just to far for us to travel to your place. We can do it here both years if ya want though" response a lot lol. 

1 minute ago, crow said:

I'm not saying schedule alcoa, Maryville, Riverdale and Oakland as my 4 out of region but high level I believe teams perform better in tough games if they have experienced hard fought games already. To the other side of the beat to death scenario we've all saw players get injured in game 1 or against inferior teams a lot. I'm not sure if a team plays clean them being better increases chance of injury that much TBH. 

GCA's SOS was brutal the last few years...I didn't see that helping them. I'm not for dodging good programs and we'd LOVE to play more here I assure everyone 

1 minute ago, crow said:

Yes I would, lol. Not that everyone is afraid of us because they're not. We get the "well it'd be a good game and I'd like to but that's just to far for us to travel to your place. We can do it here both years if ya want though" response a lot lol. 

If we could play a lil later in the season, I'd love the game to end back up on our schedule 

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

In all honesty, GP was a much improved team over last year. Was it a positive experience you think for the kids? I mean you think they took anything from it?

I know our game is a regin game but I can assure you we are better for playing it along with the Upperman and GB games. We know a lot more about our team than if we'd scheduled oakdale, RBS and Pickett county. Not to knock those kids but those are 3 struggling programs right now. We'd likely be 9-0 instead of 6-3 but I can assure you we would not be better off. 

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

GP isn't but 1-1/2 hour from the house...And they weren't world beaters although they beat the world out of us....We went and lost at HV so I'm not sure it helped us too much LOL