2A AP Poll Week 9

PHSRollTide

13 minutes ago, pujo said:

How did that help.I'm puzzled.

2 minutes ago, crow said:

I will say I'm far happier with our current 6-3 record than what could've been the alternative and being 9-0. 

I do wish we had one more game every season against an Oneida type team....The atmosphere alone can be as productive as the competition; concerning post season play 

Just now, old24eagle said:

I agree with you if you are already an established program , year in year out playoff contender....BUT what good does it do Oakdale , Jellico , or US (Cosby) even to schedule Oneida and GP, and Meigs or someone else who's just gonna beat our brains in? We are probably the best of those 3 and we dont need to be on the field with Oneida , GP, or Meigs. Wouldn't do either of us any good! We used to play GP a lot. was a Region game for a few years but played em before that some as well. The only good that came out of it most years was a large home gate!

What it would do for you is get you're Brains kicked in and the next thing you know, you have a heck of a time getting kids to play. Would be a program destroyer.

Just now, uknoit2 said:

I do wish we had one more game every season against an Oneida type team....The atmosphere alone can be as productive as the competition; concerning post season play 

Poor County like ours need to play teams that bring a gate, hard to fund sports in a poor county. 

4 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

I agree with you if you are already an established program , year in year out playoff contender....BUT what good does it do Oakdale , Jellico , or US (Cosby) even to schedule Oneida and GP, and Meigs or someone else who's just gonna beat our brains in? We are probably the best of those 3 and we dont need to be on the field with Oneida , GP, or Meigs. Wouldn't do either of us any good! We used to play GP a lot. was a Region game for a few years but played em before that some as well. The only good that came out of it most years was a large home gate!

1 minute ago, pujo said:

What it would do for you is get you're Brains kicked in and the next thing you know, you have a heck of a time getting kids to play. Would be a program destroyer.

But I do agree that teams like Oneida, Meigs, Hampton should always schedule the more competitive games IF available....But like Cloudland scheduling Knox Cath, that's just plumb crazy 

5 minutes ago, old24eagle said:

Yes I agree, I am referring to any team that has gotten past the building phase and is is in the improvement phase. Gotta lay the ground work but won't progress past that if competition level isn't increased. 

Just now, uknoit2 said:

But I do agree that teams like Oneida, Meigs, Hampton should always schedule the more competitive games IF available....But like Cloudland scheduling Knox Cath, that's just plumb crazy 

Call GB, they have trouble getting games and not that far. Heck at one time they were gonna be in that region. 

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Playing in this region has killed us.  Its done exactly what you said. We have no business playing 2A ball. If you remember back when we were 1A and could be competitive EVERY WEEK , we were never world beaters but always put together a good team every year. We've fought our tails off the last few years to keep what we have. We are as good this year as we've been in sometime and we cant sniff a region win. We have had every region team we've played this year a little worried and ticked off at halftime but still cant come close to a W!

1 minute ago, crow said:

Call GB, they have trouble getting games and not that far. Heck at one time they were gonna be in that region. 

I recall....And they ran from Unaka as hard as they could :roflol:

And I was not aware they had issues getting games 

Edited by uknoit2

1 minute ago, old24eagle said:

Playing in this region has killed us.  Its done exactly what you said. We have no business playing 2A ball. If you remember back when we were 1A and could be competitive EVERY WEEK , we were never world beaters but always put together a good team every year. We've fought our tails off the last few years to keep what we have. We are as good this year as we've been in sometime and we cant sniff a region win. We have had every region team we've played this year a little worried and ticked off at halftime but still cant come close to a W!

I thot you had HV on the ropes...You'll probably put together a 4-qtr war against us! 

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

If Catholic did them like they did the Greene County schools Cloudland came away with a dandy little pay day!