Alcoa outscored all 6 region opponents 304-0

32hammer

24 minutes ago, Indian said:

PC, other teams would still be in the way.  When you have some-not all-some of the fans on here mocking the competition in the class except for the finals, it does raise a legitimate question on moving up. I doubt TSSAA would rule against them moving up all the way, and I'm pretty sure there have been some Memphis teams move up more than 1 class in order to stay in a region with their rivals. 

But why should they move up just because other teams can't beat them? Then I've heard people say move up to 6A, come on now! Just because you can beat 6A or 5A team here and there, doesn't mean you belong in there class. 

Edited by FIREBIRD80

14 minutes ago, Indian said:

You read every year their folks saying they can compete with anyone. Well, there's the opportunity. 

In 1972 Dan Gable won an Olympic Gold Medal at 149 and didn't surrender a single point. Hw also regularly competed and beat Ben Peterson who won Gold at 198. Should Gable have been forced to wrestle 198?

Peterson would have been cheated out of a Gold medal. That's how silly these arguments are. Sour grapes. 

40 minutes ago, Indian said:

You asked for the rule, there it is. 

That was a circumstance for basketball, not a rule. Coming from you, I wouldn’t necessarily believe it anyway. 

An administrator just confirmed. You can’t bump up more than 1 classification from enrollment count. Game, set, match! :thumb:

Edited by Throwdeslant

On 10/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, Throwdeslant said:

I agree with what you have stated. However, other than Greeneville and Betsy, I just don’t see any killers in 4A this year. Anderson County has never impressed me. 5A may be a stretch, but who knows. After all, Alcoa was held to 3 points several weeks ago. I’m glad I’m not a betting man, because I would have bet the bank that could never happen. 

That team that held Alcoa to 3 points plays great defense themselves.  Both Blount County powerhouses are great on defense. 

34 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

That team that held Alcoa to 3 points plays great defense themselves.  Both Blount County powerhouses are great on defense. 

I agree, but I honestly don’t think that you would have predicted that team to hold Alcoa to 3 points. If you did, I apologize...

I certainly didn’t think Alcoa would hold Murvuls offense to a total of 17. Or, 3 in the 4th qtr...

Edited by Throwdeslant

3 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

This is what happens when you create a culture where everybody gets a trophy. Instead of trying to get better, teams want to try to eliminate the competition. What Alcoa & Maryville are doing isn't rocket science. It does however take time. You want to take em down? Build your program from the bottom to the top

True!

8 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

I agree, but I honestly don’t think that you would have predicted that team to hold Alcoa to 3 points. If you did, I apologize...

I certainly didn’t think Alcoa would hold Murvuls offense to a total of 17. Or, 3 in the 4th qtr...

I thought the game would have been a 28 24 type game.  But as time has gone by we see how great those defenses are.  Maryville held  Bradley to 7 points and 150yds. Maryville held Mcminn to less than 100 yds offense. Farragut scored 24 but Maryville had Seth Orren and Matt Brooks out. Those guys being out hurt way more than Tee being out. Matt Brooks is the most underrated player in the state 

What Alcoa has done is amazing.  31 points all year long. In my opinion the strength of that defense is the secondary.