LEWIS AT FORREST

GeneralForrest

19 hours ago, Salem said:

Great high school football game last Friday night that had a playoff feel with playoff weather. Everyone entered the game tight - Lots of nerves for players, coaches, and fans. Both teams likely feel that one or two plays could have broken the game open for them. Both offenses were good enough to drive the ball downfield but both defenses were good enough for one negative play to kill a drive. Many of the drive killing negative plays came in the form of a flag. Three second half lead changes. 

• Story of the first half was penalties. Forrest came out rusty and executed like a preseason scrimmage at times. This was the first game since week 3 where the O-line  was intact. Phantom holding and procedure calls mixed with other blatant infractions that were no calls. We had two refs attached at the hip on the home sideline that both must have been in training. 
  • One first half TD pass on a busted coverage and a great play call. Three TDs in the final 15 minutes gave fans an ending to remember. 
  • What Lewis County backs lack in speed they make up in toughness. We gave up more yards after contact last night than in the first 9 games combined. Several times the back was wrapped up for 1-2 yards and a spin and drive resulted in a 6 yard or more gain. 
  • Lewis County has a solid line with two big nasty tackles around 300 pounds that can play. Two physical FBs running up the middle and LC's misdirection offense attacks the defense at 2-3 points on every play. 
  • Forrest had mismatches with receivers vs defensive backs. Forrest QB made some clutch throws included the game winning TD toss on 3rd & long (after another long run was wiped out by a flag).
  • Likely Region 5 MVP and Mr Football candidate, Nick McClendon, picked up 177 yards on 20 carries a few weeks after emergency abdominal surgery.  Including a go ahead 77 yard 3rd quarter TD . This caps off regular season where he averaged over 10 yards per carry and did not play versus the two weakest teams on the schedule. 
  • Best of luck to Lewis County team and fans. It's good to discuss a high school game all week and  avoid nonsense and foolishness.  I could definitely do it again in a few weeks.

My biggest take away from that game was the insane woman yelling and cussing at the team in the first half from the Forrest fence.   She wasn't happy with Forrest play in the first half and she repeatedly yelled at the team this is a bunch bu*#%t.   A few other choice words mixed in.   I was on the Forrest sideline and you could easily tell how embarrassed the kids were.

8 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

My biggest take away from that game was the insane woman yelling and cussing at the team in the first half from the Forrest fence.   She wasn't happy with Forrest play in the first half and she repeatedly yelled at the team this is a bunch bu*#%t.   A few other choice words mixed in.   I was on the Forrest sideline and you could easily tell how embarrassed the kids were.

I'm not confirming that allegation, but if it IS true, maybe they were embarrassed at their play. I dont think you need to meddle there. It's a tight knit community. If fans didn't agree with her she would've been removed or something would've been said to her, IF it actually occurred, which i am NOT saying it did or didn't. I'd prefer some of the dads had told the kids to get in the game, but someone needed to. IF it happened.  

Edited by GeneralAmerigha

31 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I'm not confirming that allegation, but if it IS true, maybe they were embarrassed at their play. I dont think you need to meddle there. It's a tight knit community. If fans didn't agree with her she would've been removed or something would've been said to her, IF it actually occurred, which i am NOT saying it did or didn't. I'd prefer some of the dads had told the kids to get in the game, but someone needed to. IF it happened.  

It was you wasn't it General?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

David beat Goliath too. I'm not sure that's relevant THIS season.

You named a different Marion team than I did. You didn't mercy rule 2015 or 2016 teams. They were the best in 2A.  And 2017 Waverly was much better than 2018 Waverly. 

Other than that, great post. 

We were in 1a in 2015 and 16. 2015 we went to semis and got beat by the best 1a team ever paid for nashville Christian. In 2016 we played Dresden twice and got beat. They were the eventual state champions 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

I don't appreciate your implication with your constant use of "IF".   IF I said it happened, it happened.   I may be a lot of things, but a liar isn't one of them. 

Edited by FridayMainEvent

EZ sport. There's 2 sides to every story. You're the first and only person who has made the allegation out of the 2k that were there, including me. If this were court you'd have to prove it. As it stands, you get to accuse here. And my initial point...who cares. These aren't elementary age sunday school kids. It's a tough game.  

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. I guess just decide if railing against some mom is really how you want to spend your week. No one else seems to care about it, if it really even happened.  

1 minute ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

EZ sport. There's 2 sides to every story. You're the first and only person who has made the allegation out of the 2k that were there, including me. If this were court you'd have to prove it. As it stands, you get to accuse here. And my initial point...who cares. These aren't elementary age sunday school kids. It's a tough game.  

Maybe it happened, maybe it didn't. I guess just decide if railing against some mom is really how you want to spend your week. No one else seems to care about it, if it really even happened.  

Just when I think your making progress...….  I won't argue with you as to whether or not it happened.  She was standing on the fence yelling to the field along with people in the stands cheering.  Unless you were standing beside her, or on the field as I was, you wouldn't of heard it.  

My whole point was I'm old school and a woman with a vulgar mouth is very offensive to me.   Not that it's okay for anyone to scream profanity, but it sounds worse from a woman for me personally.   Quite frankly, I could care less what your opinion of me is.  I was only making a statement that something should of been said to her.   As an outsider, it wasn't my place to do so.

IF it happened and none of the coaches or adults addressed it then whats your beef. 

Our crowd was deader than a catholic mass til the 4th quarter, but you said this was early in the game. Maybe the "yelling" wasn't that loud. Or maybe you misheard,. She was "yelling" such that only a few in the immediate vicinity heard. Maybe she was yelling at her own kid. That's their business. We can't all be buttoned up like Brentwood Academy with Kirk Herbstreit strolling around. 

IF what you say is true. 

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I’m sure your not lying about this.. must have been her son on the Forrest team coming out at halftime leading his team in a cursing rant.. I had several kids come up to me and ask if I heard #?? Cussing his team and I had to address them I did but that’s not the way we carry ourselves.. it was loud eno for the opposing side to hear, just disappointed me these young kids had to hear it. A lil classless on his part but I’m sure there’s been worse