District 5AA

ElGoat

12 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

I have a lot of respect for Coach Morgan. I think they lost some quality players from last year, but they bring back a few solid ones that were freshman last year. 

No seniors this year.  Solid sophomore group of girls that have played together since 2nd grade.   You are correct, Meigs is loaded and going to be the top runner this year.  Central will be a good team this year, but the future looks bright.  

On 11/1/2019 at 8:54 AM, logcabinman said:

No seniors this year.  Solid sophomore group of girls that have played together since 2nd grade.   You are correct, Meigs is loaded and going to be the top runner this year.  Central will be a good team this year, but the future looks bright.  

Central will have a pretty good group of young girls this year. It will be interesting to see if Sweetwater can be a serious threat this year.

8 minutes ago, hohmaster said:

Central will have a pretty good group of young girls this year. It will be interesting to see if Sweetwater can be a serious threat this year.

I was hearing that Sweetwater was struggling to have enough players this year, don’t know if that’s true or not, l know the have two good players and that’s about it. 

3 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I was hearing that Sweetwater was struggling to have enough players this year, don’t know if that’s true or not, l know the have two good players and that’s about it. 

It would be hard to compete with Meigs or even McMinn Central with only two good players, unless the other three starters are solid players. When you consider you need at least a couple of solid players to come off the bench periodically, Sweetwater probably won't be a threat if what you heard is true. 
BTW, I think Sweetwater's best player would be playing for Meigs if her dad wasn't Athletic Director at Sweetwater.

16 hours ago, hohmaster said:

It would be hard to compete with Meigs or even McMinn Central with only two good players, unless the other three starters are solid players. When you consider you need at least a couple of solid players to come off the bench periodically, Sweetwater probably won't be a threat if what you heard is true. 
BTW, I think Sweetwater's best player would be playing for Meigs if her dad wasn't Athletic Director at Sweetwater.

Great kid and family, but I think they made a very good decision, she’s a good player but the style of play that Meigs uses doesn’t fit her style of play, she would not see the playing time a Meigs. By staying at Sweetwater it has helped her improve her game.

7 minutes ago, BBG1 said:

meigs may win the district tourney but I will take central to win region tourney and grab home sub state game until meigs proves they can win that game . 

I’ve seen Central play this summer, there’s a huge gap between those two teams. Central will be runner up in the district, but will struggle to even make the championship game in the region. I will say Meigs and Signal Mt will be playing in the region championship.

15 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Great kid and family, but I think they made a very good decision, she’s a good player but the style of play that Meigs uses doesn’t fit her style of play, she would not see the playing time a Meigs. By staying at Sweetwater it has helped her improve her game.

Yes, she would see playing time at Meigs, a lot of it.

Sweetwater has given Meigs some problems on multiple occasions the last two years and she has been a big reason why. 

Edited by TigerGoat

1 hour ago, TigerGoat said:

Yes, she would see playing time at Meigs, a lot of it actually.

Sweetwater has given Meigs some problems on multiple occasions the last two years and she has been a big reason why. 

She would definitely see playing time. I guess I should have said, she wouldn’t see as much playing time at Meigs that she see at Sweetwater. She would have to share playing time with 7 other really good players. 

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

She would definitely see playing time. I guess I should have said, she wouldn’t see as much playing time at Meigs that she see at Sweetwater. She would have to share playing time with 7 other really good players. 

I agree. We are loaded. *Should* make it to the glass house. 

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ve seen Central play this summer, there’s a huge gap between those two teams. Central will be runner up in the district, but will struggle to even make the championship game in the region. I will say Meigs and Signal Mt will be playing in the region championship.

When you see MCentral in the summer or play days for that matter, you rarely see top 5 or 6 in game at same time.  Morgan always pushes those girls to fight for their positions every year, nothing is given.  He looks for little things.  I agree, Meigs should be the favorite for the next to years.  Signal Mountain could be a thorn in the side, but they have to prove they can get over the hump.  I agree SM will be tough.  If those young Central girls can see success, they will be just fine.  So many young freshman with experience last year due to injury. 

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

When you see MCentral in the summer or play days for that matter, you rarely see top 5 or 6 in game at same time.  Morgan always pushes those girls to fight for their positions every year, nothing is given.  He looks for little things.  I agree, Meigs should be the favorite for the next to years.  Signal Mountain could be a thorn in the side, but they have to prove they can get over the hump.  I agree SM will be tough.  If those young Central girls can see success, they will be just fine.  So many young freshman with experience last year due to injury. 

Most teams do the same thing as far as mixing up players on the floor, but I agree with whoever said there's a noticeable difference between this years Meigs' and Centrals' starters. It's even more noticeable when you consider Meigs has more quality depth.
As good as Morgan has been I've watched him slowly lose his dominance over the past 3-4 years, due to not having Joe as an assistant and not being able to get the good players to come over from Athens or other counties. He had a pretty good group of Seniors last year and beat Meigs in the Region finals, but he lost to McMinn twice for the first time ever, and missed playing in the state tourney for the third year in a row. Central will always have a good, competitive team but their dominating days have passed.