District 5AA

ElGoat

20 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

The girls championship game tonight in the Hardee’s classic should start in the next 15 minutes 

AM 910

WJCW Tri-Cities Talk Radio 

Thanks. 910 comes in here during daytime hours. I live about 45 nautical miles away from Johnson City, so...Good Luck to your team. I'll "tune in" to the scoreboard here every once in awhile.

9 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

That’s doubtful in my opinion. What are the other district matchups?

McMinn Central vs. Sweetwater.  Polk seems to be improved this year.  Polk will face Seq.  Central girls are playing as capable after youth nerves started the season.  Could have beaten Gatlingburg-Pittman if they hit their free throws and eliminated unforced turnovers.  Meigs is still the bar in the district, they had a brutal opening schedule and seem to be coming back around.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:21 AM, logcabinman said:

McMinn Central vs. Sweetwater.  Polk seems to be improved this year.  Polk will face Seq.  Central girls are playing as capable after youth nerves started the season.  Could have beaten Gatlingburg-Pittman if they hit their free throws and eliminated unforced turnovers.  Meigs is still the bar in the district, they had a brutal opening schedule and seem to be coming back around.

First district matchups are done with another round coming soon. How are things looking with all the teams? Kenny is out for Meigs. Her out atm and poor shooting led to the defeat by mcminn co. Was still expecting to win but our girls will figure it out!!!

8 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

First district matchups are done with another round coming soon. How are things looking with all the teams? Kenny is out for Meigs. Her out atm and poor shooting led to the defeat by mcminn co. Was still expecting to win but our girls will figure it out!!!

Hope all is well, I was also shocked at McMinn loss.  Hoping for a good matchup Tuesday with Meigs.

8 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

They are just playing so tight and some are scared to mess up, because they know if they do, they will be taken out, and you just can’t play that way, but I’m afraid if something doesn’t change we will be down a few more players.