District 5AA

ElGoat

On 10/28/2019 at 10:09 PM, Dadof2 said:

1. Meigs Loaded 

2. Central coaching will keep them ahead of the rest of the district.

3. Sweetwater They have two good players.

4. Sequoyah

5. Loudon

6. Polk 

Tonight’s games.

Meigs over Sweetwater by 48.

Central over Sequoyah in what sounded like a good game.

Polk over Loudon by 18, I guess I have them down to far.

1. Meigs they have struggled some, but they still have the most talent.

2. Central they have improved like I thought they would.

3. Sweetwater I still think the two good players they have can get them the 3 seed.

4. Sequoyah will challenge SW for the 3 seed.

5. Polk they have improved some this year, we will see how much in the next few weeks, when they play some better teams.

6. Loudon

Big game Tuesday, Central at Meigs 

Edited by Dadof2

On 12/13/2019 at 9:23 PM, Dadof2 said:

Tonight’s games.

Meigs over Sweetwater by 48.

Central over Sequoyah in what sounded like a good game.

Polk over Loudon by 18, I guess I have them down to far.

1. Meigs they have struggled some, but they still have the most talent.

2. Central they have improved like I thought they would.

3. Sweetwater I still think the two good players they have can get them the 3 seed.

4. Sequoyah will challenge SW for the 3 seed.

5. Polk they have improved some this year, we will see how much in the next few weeks, when they play some better teams.

6. Loudon

Big game Tuesday, Central at Meigs 

Seq. game was the worst game the girls have played this year.  Play like they did Friday and Meigs will destroy us.  Play as capable, it can be a good game.  Meigs is a tough place to play, and not been a good stop for the Chargerettes over the past couple of years.  I agree, Polk sounds much improved.

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Seq. game was the worst game the girls have played this year.  Play like they did Friday and Meigs will destroy us.  Play as capable, it can be a good game.  Meigs is a tough place to play, and not been a good stop for the Chargerettes over the past couple of years.  I agree, Polk sounds much improved.

You will have those type of game with a young team, but Central still has enough talent to have a good year and compete at a high level. But with that being said, I think Meigs will win by 20+ tomorrow night if they play like they can, if they come out and play flat like they did against County, then it we be a close game.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

You will have those type of game with a young team, but Central still has enough talent to have a good year and compete at a high level. But with that being said, I think Meigs will win by 20+ tomorrow night if they play like they can, if they come out and play flat like they did against County, then it we be a close game.

Hoping for the latter :-D, I agree with the assessment based on the fact that it has happened the past couple of years.  We seem to be performing well at home, not so much away.  Key is handling the continuous pressure Meigs will apply throughout the game.  Hope for a fun game!!

9 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Tonight’s games 

Meigs over Central by 16, it was close for most of the game, Meigs didn’t play great tonight, but some of that was because Central also played hard and didn’t quit.

Sweetwater over Polk 38-33

Nor did Central play that well.  Meigs is a tough match-up for a lot of teams.  Very aggressive, quick, and I feel they play hard as well.  Good luck till we meet again.

Other than Meigs and Central, the district is once again very weak. For Central to beat Meigs, it would take Meigs playing their worst game and Central playing their best game, which could happen. It doesn't look to me like Meigs is playing up to their billing, but that is probably most attributable to their coach. Some people got on me last year for calling out Meigs' coach, but some other people this year are in agreement.