District 5AA

ElGoat

10 hours ago, logcabinman said:

Bledsoe, bad night, but more to the story on that loss.  I agree, Polk is scary.  There is a different approach to District games.  I mean I don't put a lot of stock in McMinn beating Meigs, a team Central handled twice.  Again, Central is young, just as Meigs was last year.  You are correct, Central has to play a solid game against Polk.

At this point of the season I thought Central would have been playing more consistently, but for them to get beat so bad by Bledsoe surprised me. I  don't know the "more to the story" that you mentioned, but I'll take your word on it.  Polk may give them a game for a couple of quarters, but if Central is playing good they'll beat Polk by double digits.

@Dadof2 

What a game tonight. I would say if we had Kenny then the game would swing in our favor, but Bradley playing their first game without Blair has to be taken into account.

I thought both teams played really hard. Meigs could not hit an outside open shot but Bradley had a lot to do with that getting our legs tired. I’m really excited about where this team can go. Wish we could’ve came out on top. 

46 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

@Dadof2 

What a game tonight. I would say if we had Kenny then the game would swing in our favor, but Bradley playing their first game without Blair has to be taken into account.

I thought both teams played really hard. Meigs could not hit an outside open shot but Bradley had a lot to do with that getting our legs tired. I’m really excited about where this team can go. Wish we could’ve came out on top. 

If they can stay healthy and focused, and take care of business in the region tournament, it will be hard for any team to come to Meigs and win IMO.

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

If they can stay healthy and focused, and take care of business in the region tournament, it will be hard for any team to come to Meigs and win IMO.

I agree. That was the loudest Meigs Gym has been since maybe the 16-17 season with Zy and that bunch. We get a Sub State home game, the folks will come out of the woodwork for that. 
Gotta keep stone out of foul trouble!!! Bales and Crager gave GREAT minutes tonight. 

18 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

I agree. That was the loudest Meigs Gym has been since maybe the 16-17 season with Zy and that bunch. We get a Sub State home game, the folks will come out of the woodwork for that. 
Gotta keep stone out of foul trouble!!! Bales and Crager gave GREAT minutes tonight. 

Those were some fun games when those boys played, and yes those two played really good tonight, we have 7 really good players, but Stone and Anna Crowder can’t foul out, when they fouled out in OT I new it would be tough to win.

1 minute ago, Dadof2 said:

Those were some fun games when those boys played, and yes those two played really good tonight, we have 7 really good players, but Stone and Anna Crowder can’t foul out, when they fouled out in OT I new it would be tough to win.

Zy’s group is evidence of how important it is to have home sub state games. Zy’s sophomore and junior year, we could’ve made noise in Murfreesboro, but playing at Hampton was just too much to overcome. 

Good game for sure guys.  That press gave us fits.  Gotta be stronger with the ball especially if we aren’t getting a lot of foul calls.  Credit to Meigs for sure for being scrappy and aggressive.  

TigerGoat to answer your question on the other thread yes I do.  Tried to send you a message but I’m allowed 0 messages sent for some reason!!! 

Edited by StateChampDad

16 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Good game for sure guys.  That press gave us fits.  Gotta be stronger with the ball especially if we aren’t getting a lot of foul calls.  Credit to Meigs for sure for being scrappy and aggressive.  

TigerGoat to answer your question on the other thread yes I do.  Tried to send you a message but I’m allowed 0 messages sent for some reason!!! 

If she played, tell her good game!!

I hope we can give you guys a game at Jim Smiddy. I’m afraid Blair leaving was fresh on the girls minds, so they’ll be humming without her when we play next. Good Luck until we meet next!

• Like 1

She did! I will.  Thanks.  In regards to Blair leaving a lot are shook.  And it’s not about ball...it’s about true friendship.  They are genuinely grieving the fact that their friend isn’t playing with them anymore, and that she won’t be with them through the good and bad times. 

if you are able send me a PM... not sure how many posts I have to have before I can send one. 

Edited by StateChampDad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StateChampDad said:

She did! I will.  Thanks.  In regards to Blair leaving a lot are shook.  And it’s not about ball...it’s about true friendship.  They are genuinely grieving the fact that their friend isn’t playing with them anymore, and that she won’t be with them through the good and bad times. 

if you are able send me a PM... not sure how many posts I have to have before I can send one. 

I tried to send you one as well, but it says I’m not allowed any messages. Dang.