District 5AA

ElGoat

On 1/4/2020 at 11:36 PM, Dadof2 said:

If the scores are right Central had a good win over Maryville, but how in the world did they lose to Midway?

Played with 6 to 7 girls through tournament as sickness hit the team.  Not playing well right now, but we have proved that we can play with a lot of teams.  Midway game, we literally could not have put the ball in a double sized rim.  This team is really young, so I feel ok right now.

McMinn Central hasn't played well since mid December and has lost to a couple of terrible teams. No real difference maker on the team and not much quality depth on a pretty young team. Playing in a super weak district should help them in the win column.
I wonder if Johnny got the hint that a zone defense works at times? I doubt it.

4 hours ago, hohmaster said:

McMinn Central hasn't played well since mid December and has lost to a couple of terrible teams. No real difference maker on the team and not much quality depth on a pretty young team. Playing in a super weak district should help them in the win column.
I wonder if Johnny got the hint that a zone defense works at times? I doubt it.

For the past two years I’ve been waiting on him to play a zone D against Meigs, forcing us to take outside shots. Hasn’t happened. I’m a rare Meigs Countian who loves Johnny Morgan, I know him very well, but I guess he’s too stubborn to go away from the man2man D. 

On 11/12/2019 at 6:30 AM, Central4218 said:

Dadof2 do you have a scouting report on the Middle Tennessee teams you will have to play in the Sub State? Upperman, Dekalb, Cannon, Livingston?

I can answer your question now, Dekalb looks to be down this year, Upperman and Macon are the best two teams in that region, York might sneak up on someone and pull an upset, but I think Macon wins the region with Upperman coming in second, Meigs played Upperman in the Greeneville tournament and lost 58-54 in OT, and that’s without Kenny and Stone was playing really sick and only scored 3 points. If Meigs (CAN WIN THE REGION) I really like our chances, but there’s a long way to go and we have to stay healthy.

16 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

MCentral played a pretty good game Tuesday beating McMinn for the second time.  Morgan found match up and went with it.  Shot the ball much better.  Defensively the Chargerettes do a pretty good job, just have nights where we cannot knock down shots and make bad decisions with the ball.

That’s just the pains of having a young team, but yes a good win. I heard it got a little heated in the boys game.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:
This district is a mess when you get past Meigs and Central.
Meigs Co 5-0  
McMinn Central  4-1  
Polk 3-3  
Sequoyah 2-4  
Loudon  1-4  
Sweetwater  1-4

Compared to the best teams across the state, none of the best teams from this district have been close the last 3 years.  
Meigs will easily win the district going 10-0. They have the only chance to advance to state this year and that isn't a given without Kenny.
Central will go 8-2 but probably won't make it to the region finals. 
I thought Sweetwater might give Meigs and Central at least one good game this year but they lost to a terrible Loudon team last night.

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

Compared to the best teams across the state, none of the best teams from this district have been close the last 3 years.  
Meigs will easily win the district going 10-0. They have the only chance to advance to state this year and that isn't a given without Kenny.
Central will go 8-2 but probably won't make it to the region finals. 
I thought Sweetwater might give Meigs and Central at least one good game this year but they lost to a terrible Loudon team last night.

If Central makes it to region championship, they would have met the goal for this year.  Playing with dominate dose of sophmores and a couple of juniors, I would say is pretty darn good.  There has been some good and valuable lessons taught and a couple of games that could have been won throughout season.  I have watched how Morgan was willing to sacrifice a win to fix a problem or teach a lesson.   All in all, there are some ups and downs and inconsistencies, but nothing would surprise me during tournament play.