District 5AA

ElGoat

1 hour ago, hohmaster said:

Compared to the best teams across the state, none of the best teams from this district have been close the last 3 years.  
Meigs will easily win the district going 10-0. They have the only chance to advance to state this year and that isn't a given without Kenny.
Central will go 8-2 but probably won't make it to the region finals. 
I thought Sweetwater might give Meigs and Central at least one good game this year but they lost to a terrible Loudon team last night.

The loss of Kenny hurt Meigs, but they are starting to play really good ball right now, with 3 to 4 girls scoring in double figures almost every game, they will be really hard to beat. As far as Central goes, I’m starting to think they have a chance to play Meigs in the region championship because I’m just not sold on Red Bank or Signal Mountain, those two teams have played twice and SM has barely won both, so they are pretty close, and the reason I think Central has a chance, is Walker Valley beat Red Bank by 20, and they only beat a not very good Polk team by 5.

Edited by Dadof2

Saw Central play against Meigs in December. Was really impressed with the big post for Central but she didn’t seem to play a whole lot in the second half. I was confused. Just watching from that game, central could give anyone fits on a given night if they play through her. It’s hard to stop good post play at the high school level. 
Thank you to Kassidy Kenny for giving her all the last three and a half years as a Lady Tiger. 

14 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

Saw Central play against Meigs in December. Was really impressed with the big post for Central but she didn’t seem to play a whole lot in the second half. I was confused. Just watching from that game, central could give anyone fits on a given night if they play through her. It’s hard to stop good post play at the high school level. 
Thank you to Kassidy Kenny for giving her all the last three and a half years as a Lady Tiger. 

This is where I speak on his teaching young players.  He will sit a young lady to teach a lesson.  She is going to be an excellent player in the future because of this.  I have seen her set almost a whole game this year.  

5 hours ago, logcabinman said:

This is where I speak on his teaching young players.  He will sit a young lady to teach a lesson.  She is going to be an excellent player in the future because of this.  I have seen her set almost a whole game this year.  

What grade is she in?

20 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

The style of defense that Meigs plays can make it hard for good post players to be very effective, the pressure they put on the ball makes it hard for guards to get it inside, I know that Meigs has played to D1 post players this season and won both games, but yes she’s a pretty good player and if the guards get better she will get better to.

10 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

The style of defense that Meigs plays can make it hard for good post players to be very effective, the pressure they put on the ball makes it hard for guards to get it inside, I know that Meigs has played to D1 post players this season and won both games, but yes she’s a pretty good player and if the guards get better she will get better to.

Looking forward to watching our girls try to compete with Bradley this Thursday. 

8 hours ago, TigerGoat said:

Looking forward to watching our girls try to compete with Bradley this Thursday. 

I’m looking forward to it myself, but It will definitely be a challenge for the girls, Bradley will be the best team they have played this year, I’m just hoping they can complete and make a game of it, I personally think it will be a great game. I have been critical of his coaching at times in the past, but here lately IMO he is doing a good job of getting the girls ready and staying positive, from the Christmas brake they have come together and are playing really good basketball, I think when tournament time comes and if we can stay healthy, they will be hard to beat.

2 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m looking forward to it myself, but It will definitely be a challenge for the girls, Bradley will be the best team they have played this year, I’m just hoping they can complete and make a game of it, I personally think it will be a great game. I have been critical of his coaching at times in the past, but here lately IMO he is doing a good job of getting the girls ready and staying positive, from the Christmas brake they have come together and are playing really good basketball, I think when tournament time comes and if we can stay healthy, they will be hard to beat.

The girls need to be hitting outside shots to win. I think it could be close as well, we just have to play to the best of our ability. Our post defense needs to be ready from the start. Bradley is gonna roll out Walker and Muhonen (spelling?) who are both D1 recruited post players. And I’m glad Stone will get a tough test against Blair. In my opinion, stone holds back some because no one can keep up with her most nights in district play (although she did have 30 last night), so this game will be really good for her. 

18 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

The girls need to be hitting outside shots to win. I think it could be close as well, we just have to play to the best of our ability. Our post defense needs to be ready from the start. Bradley is gonna roll out Walker and Muhonen (spelling?) who are both D1 recruited post players. And I’m glad Stone will get a tough test against Blair. In my opinion, stone holds back some because no one can keep up with her most nights in district play (although she did have 30 last night), so this game will be really good for her. 

Yes Anna Crowder and Bales will have to have a big defensive night because they will more than likely draw the task of guarding Walker and Stone will have to have a big night and stay out of foul trouble, and you are 100% right they will have to hit shots from outside to have a chance, Powell needs to have a big night shooting the ball, but they are very capable of doing that, it should be a good one.

On 1/18/2020 at 12:26 PM, TigerGoat said:

Stone is a great player. Should be a good matchup vs Blair.