Powell vs. South Doyle

osunut2

On 11/1/2019 at 11:26 PM, Tadvols said:

South Doyle missing Bragg really ruined them this year  .   Without him they were one dimensional  ... 

I Agree, I went to this game and saw 2 very good teams battling. Both teams had a opportunity to put the game away . Powell was held to there lowest scoring game of the season.  South Doyle was held to there lowest rushing game of the season. The adjustments Powell made at halftime  Secured their victory. The Offensive Adjustment made by South Doyle ... Well there was none.  Powell had Young locked up the 1st half and South Doyle did nothing to change what they where doing...2 out of 3 loses for South Doyle fall on the Offensive not producing .. I am afraid that if the coaching staff was reversed that South Doyle would be 10-0 and Powell would be 7-3 . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Iwillspeakthetruth said:

I Agree, I went to this game and saw 2 very good teams battling. Both teams had a opportunity to put the game away . Powell was held to there lowest scoring game of the season.  South Doyle was held to there lowest rushing game of the season. The adjustments Powell made at halftime  Secured their victory. The Offensive Adjustment made by South Doyle ... Well there was none.  Powell had Young locked up the 1st half and South Doyle did nothing to change what they where doing...2 out of 3 loses for South Doyle fall on the Offensive not producing .. I am afraid that if the coaching staff was reversed that South Doyle would be 10-0 and Powell would be 7-3 . 

There weren’t many adjustments made by either side. Powell scored off good field position from a blocked punt, a adjustment doesn’t create that advantage. Right before half SD scored on a long pass called back for a pitiful holding penalty. It was just a complete battle where neither side could gain an advantage. I don’t understand how you can say that’s a coaching problem. Should be a round 4 matchup and it will be a battle again. 

23 minutes ago, Iwillspeakthetruth said:

Wow... not sure you was at the right game.. Their is only so much the coaches can do with a Quarterback.  Penalties  Hurt us But I have to say we were put in a good situation to win the game. We just happen to  come up short. 

SD qb issues should be a topic anymore. They have had ample time to prepare this young man who has been in their program for 2 years. What does the future of SD hold. In 2014 they went 0-10 and next year is not looking good, seeing how they are loosing 99% of their offense. SD has more talent on their team than many of the teams in TN but yet we see nothing from them. WHY? It is not hard to call EY left EY right. But what about all these other athletes we've heard about at SD. Where are they and why aren't they relevant. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Iwillspeakthetruth said:

SD qb issues should be a topic anymore. They have had ample time to prepare this young man who has been in their program for 2 years. What does the future of SD hold. In 2014 they went 0-10 and next year is not looking good, seeing how they are loosing 99% of their offense. SD has more talent on their team than many of the teams in TN but yet we see nothing from them. WHY? It is not hard to call EY left EY right. But what about all these other athletes we've heard about at SD. Where are they and why aren't they relevant. Thoughts?

Your knowledge of the situation is horrible. It’s not as easy for a sophomore QB to step in games against the top 5A teams in the state. You’re just looking for attention .

Attention from who? I'm stating facts. 7 weeks is ample time to get a qb ready to play. He ia also surrounded by athletes who can score at anytime from anywhere on the field. Another fact is that if all SD does is run EY left or right all game, their playoff run will be cut short. I'm rooting for SD this year because they have the potential to bring it home to East TN. 

47 minutes ago, Iwillspeakthetruth said:

Attention from who? I'm stating facts. 7 weeks is ample time to get a qb ready to play. He ia also surrounded by athletes who can score at anytime from anywhere on the field. Another fact is that if all SD does is run EY left or right all game, their playoff run will be cut short. I'm rooting for SD this year because they have the potential to bring it home to East TN. 

It’s not that easy to get a QB ready to play. You can’t expect a kid just to throw it up to all these “athletes” and they make a play. A sophomore QB gets rattled by a million different things. Go back to Seymour game. EY got ejected and their QB was rattled beyond belief and couldn’t throw the ball at all. If Trusley went down Powell would be doing the exact same thing because it’s not that easy to get a young QB ready to play. Doesn’t matter what athletes that are surrounding him.

2 hours ago, Iwillspeakthetruth said:

Sorry truth, I'm going to pile on. Judging by what I saw from the backup QB on Friday night, I think Duncan continues to put EY in the wildcat because he likely gives them the best chance to win with Brang out. Let's not forget, we're talking about high school football, not D1 college football. VERY few high school programs around here have the luxury of having a backup QB that can just step right in and pick things up with minimal drop off, even after a month or two. In high school, this goes WAY beyond just learning a playbook and getting reps.

SD has a pretty solid team, but if they are going to make a run, I agree that they will definitely have to get something out of their passing game. There were opportunities against Powell to do just that, but the accuracy wasn't there.

What is the South Doyle win/loss record vs Powell since Clark Duncan has been the head coach at SD? Not the win /loss record vs Matt Lowe but just the two schools since he has been the head coach of SD?

Also what is the win loss record of the two schools of Lowe vs Duncan at the two schools?

Just curious?

Edited by dmc5017811
grammar

17 minutes ago, dmc5017811 said:

What is the South Doyle win/loss record vs Powell since Clark Duncan has been the head coach at SD? Not the win /loss record vs Matt Lowe but just the two schools since he has been the head coach of SD?

Also what is the win loss record of the two schools of Lowe vs Duncan at the two schools?

Just curious?

Duncan took over as HC in 2009. He is 2-5 versus Powell, with his lone wins coming in 2016 and 2017 against Rodney Ellison.

Lowe is a perfect 4-0 versus Duncan.