Powell vs. South Doyle

osunut2

Powell and South Doyle wrapped up their respective region titles last week; the Panthers stormed back to beat Oak Ridge in the 4th quarter, while Elijah Young ran all over Central in the driving rain. The Panthers head to South Knoxville this week, and the weather forecast looks promising - chilly but nice and dry.

Any predictions? Powell is certainly going to have their hands full with Mr. Young. Hopefully both teams come out of this one healthy, especially since the result has no impact on playoff position.

32 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Powell and South Doyle wrapped up their respective region titles last week; the Panthers stormed back to beat Oak Ridge in the 4th quarter, while Elijah Young ran all over Central in the driving rain. The Panthers head to South Knoxville this week, and the weather forecast looks promising - chilly but nice and dry.

Any predictions? Powell is certainly going to have their hands full with Mr. Young. Hopefully both teams come out of this one healthy, especially since the result has no impact on playoff position.

I think EY is gonna be a problem. Kid is a stud. This will be the first time this year I pick against Powell, but I say South Doyle take it by 7-14 points 

Edited by KnoxPhoto

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

No doubt that I believe there will be a rematch between these two teams in the semi finals. EY is a stud of a player but Powell has a fantastic front seven. Not sure if they are going wildcat again but unless Powell plays 3 and 5 in the secondary, I think SD can also pass. I think SD can stop the run but how are they going to stop Trusley and the passing game. I think it’s going to be a fantastic game!

On 10/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, knoxfan28 said:

No doubt that I believe there will be a rematch between these two teams in the semi finals. EY is a stud of a player but Powell has a fantastic front seven. Not sure if they are going wildcat again but unless Powell plays 3 and 5 in the secondary, I think SD can also pass. I think SD can stop the run but how are they going to stop Trusley and the passing game. I think it’s going to be a fantastic game!

I Think this game can be a blow out or close. You never know ... I will Say This, If SD makes it to the semifinals vs Powell. EY will not be their only Threat . Mason.B senior QB could be back by then, and that opens up the deadly Receiving core SD has.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, knoxfan28 said:

To get to a rematch Plow will most likely have to beat OR again and West again, then play the winner of Central/SD.  Don't count out Central just yet.  That is a tough row to hoe for whichever team comes out of the East.  I hope whoever comes out of that gauntlet is healthy enough to play for a championship.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, KnoxPhoto said:

I think EY is gonna be a problem. Kid is a stud. This will be the first time this year I pick against Powell, but I say South Doyle take it by 7-14 points 

I agree with this. Powell has struggled the last few weeks with teams with matching speed. EY is the best player in the area, obviously Powell will scheme for him....but so has every other team and he's put up numbers not seen around here since Devrin Young at Bearden. Hope I'm wrong, but believe Powell has been living on the edge of upset the last few weeks. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

I agree with this. Powell has struggled the last few weeks with teams with matching speed. EY is the best player in the area, obviously Powell will scheme for him....but so has every other team and he's put up numbers not seen around here since Devrin Young at Bearden. Hope I'm wrong, but believe Powell has been living on the edge of upset the last few weeks. 

Totally agree.  EY will get his regardless. Powell has to continue to play their game to have a shot. Also, a lot of Powell’s issues the last couple weeks have been self inflicted and are very correctable. Penalties, several dropped touchdown passes, etc. If they can clean up those mistakes I’d definitely pick Powell, but only time will tell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Atually, Powell has struggled more with the Power type backs recently.  

Obviously Elijah Young is a difference maker, but equally so is Walker Trussley.  

Bottom line - two teams who took their regions and are legit threats to go very deep in the playoffs.  And in a game that really doesn't mean a thing other than for pride. 

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

Atually, Powell has struggled more with the Power type backs recently.  

Obviously Elijah Young is a difference maker, but equally so is Walker Trussley.  

Bottom line - two teams who took their regions and are legit threats to go very deep in the playoffs.  And in a game that really doesn't mean a thing other than for pride. 

If EY finds a hole, he is gone. Central had 9 in the box and EY scored on a long TD run. If South Doyles line can  get just enough push, I fully believe Elijah will take off. Walker is a VERY good QB. I think this game comes down to how SDs defense plays. If they stop the pass they win, if they can't they lose.