HICKMAN CO @ FORREST

GeneralForrest

10 minutes ago, mikeinglsbee said:

I mean lets be honest. Look at the schedules. I cover Marshall County. Hickman County got the snot beaten out of them by one of the worst Lawrence County teams I have seen in years. Forrest beat two 4A teams easily. If both teams play to their potential Forrest wins easy, In both first and second rounds. I get sticking up for your team but anyone who isn't from Hickman County that is on here thinking the Rockets will have trouble in the first round is just trolling. You don't go undefeated with that schedule and not be a legitimate threat to go all the way. 

I think they are a legit threat to get to the semis Mike. I dont see them beating Peabody.

I could see them beating

• Hickman Co then
  • Eagleville/Houston Co then
  • Waverly/Lewis Co/Riverside/Summertown.

That's still 3 games and 2 of them would be tough.

Hickman's not a complete gimme, as I have seen crazy stuff happen. Forrest as an R5 #4 played Waverly very tough at Waverly last year when the Tigers were the R6 #1. 

Thanks for commenting. 

12 minutes ago, mikeinglsbee said:

Hickman County got the snot beaten out of them by one of the worst Lawrence County teams I have seen in years.

The final was 33-26. Was it not that close. 

16 minutes ago, mikeinglsbee said:

Forrest beat two 4A teams easily.

Portland was 25-22 at half. Forrest dominated the 2nd tho. 

17 minutes ago, mikeinglsbee said:

Forrest wins easy, In both first and second rounds.

Even against Houston Co?

Did you watch the Forrest/Lawrence County game? LC is absolutely terrible. Hideous. So in my opinion, even getting beat by LC is getting the snot beaten out of them. LC went 0-5 in their region including to 1-9 Spring Hill to end the year. 

As far as the Portland game goes, a 2A team beating a good 4A team is amazing. Throw out the halftime score.

Portland is in the 4A playoffs. They beat the #10 (AP) ranked Montgomery Central (7-3) and White House (5-5) and barely lost to #9 (AP) Springfield (7-3) 27-12 and White House-Heritage (7-3) 35-31, both 4A playoff participants. 

IMO, Eagleville will probably beat Houston County in the first round. There is a reason they are 9-1 but only ranked #10. They play in a weak region and had a weak schedule. All their wins came against 1A and 2A teams. They didn't challenge themselves very much outside of region and that hurts you come playoff time.

I see Forrest, Peabody, Meigs and Watertown in the final four.

Will they beat Peabody? I have no idea. Just depends on how much momentum each team's playoff runs give them. Can they beat Peabody? Most def.

If you go by the west Tenn and Peabody fans on this site, you might as well hand Peabody the gold ball now.

But if you go by the fans on this site, there was no way Cornersville was going to beat Huntingdon in 2017. Then there was no way in heck they were going to beat Lake County the next week. We all know how that went.

Then in 2018 there was no way Cornersville would be able to beat Huntingdon AT Huntingdon and then there was no way in heck they could beat Lake County IN Tiptonville. 

Then there was no way Whitwell would be able to slow down the Cornersville train of destiny in Cookeville. 

We all know how that turned out as well.

Point being, fans from each school and then fans from each region are going to talk their team then their area of the state up as unbeatable.

I've watched enough Tennessee playoff football to know there will be 1 or 2 big upsets in the first two rounds, but generally the #1 and #2 seeds will do their job. If they don't, it won't have anything to do with talent. But once you get into the quarters, all bets are off. All the teams still standing have a shot.

Forrest has good enough coaching combined with talent and depth that they should meet Peabody in the semis. In a game that big, in Chapel Hill, they will have a shot.

1 hour ago, mikeinglsbee said:

I mean lets be honest. Look at the schedules. I cover Marshall County. Hickman County got the snot beaten out of them by one of the worst Lawrence County teams I have seen in years. Forrest beat two 4A teams easily. If both teams play to their potential Forrest wins easy, In both first and second rounds. I get sticking up for your team but anyone who isn't from Hickman County that is on here thinking the Rockets will have trouble in the first round is just trolling. You don't go undefeated with that schedule and not be a legitimate threat to go all the way. 

If getting the snot beat out of you is losing by 7 points then a lot of good teams get the snot beat out of them. Hickman shot themselves in the foot in that game on penalties. 

2 minutes ago, mikeinglsbee said:

Did you watch the Forrest/Lawrence County game? LC is absolutely terrible. Hideous. So in my opinion, even getting beat by LC is getting the snot beaten out of them. LC went 0-5 in their region including to 1-9 Spring Hill to end the year. 

As far as the Portland game goes, a 2A team beating a good 4A team is amazing. Throw out the halftime score.

Portland is in the 4A playoffs. They beat the #10 (AP) ranked Montgomery Central (7-3) and White House (5-5) and barely lost to #9 (AP) Springfield (7-3) 27-12 and White House-Heritage (7-3) 35-31, both 4A playoff participants. 

IMO, Eagleville will probably beat Houston County in the first round. There is a reason they are 9-1 but only ranked #10. They play in a weak region and had a weak schedule. All their wins came against 1A and 2A teams. They didn't challenge themselves very much outside of region and that hurts you come playoff time.

Will they beat Peabody? I have no idea. Just depends on how much momentum each team's playoff runs give them. Can they beat Peabody? Most def.

If you go by the west Tenn and Peabody fans on this site, you might as well hand Peabody the gold ball now.

But if you go by the fans on this site, there was no way Cornersville was going to beat Huntingdon in 2017. Then there was no way in heck they were going to beat Lake County the next week. We all know how that went.

Then in 2018 there was no way Cornersville would be able to beat Huntingdon AT Huntingdon and then there was no way in heck they could beat Lake County IN Tiptonville. 

Then there was no way Whitwell would be able to slow down the Cornersville train of destiny in Cookeville. 

Point being, fans from each school and then fans from each region are going to talk their team then their area of the state up as unbeatable.

I've watched enough Tennessee playoff football to know there will be 1 or 2 big upsets in the first two rounds, but generally the #1 and #2 seeds will do their job. If they don't, it won't have anything to do with talent. But once you get into the quarters, all bets are off. All the teams still standing have a shot.

Forrest has good enough coaching combined with talent and depth that they should meet Peabody in the semis. In a game that big, in Chapel Hill, they will have a shot.

Man that’s a pretty good post but if you haven’t seen Peabody in person I don’t think you can say Forrest could beat them. Peabody make Forrest look silly if they play. 

4 minutes ago, mikeinglsbee said:

You are bringing some heat today and I love it. Thanks for your contributions. Really good points here!

3 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I'm actually proud to say I havent done that this year at all with these Rockets. In fact, I picked agaisnt them in the Portland and Lewis games. Glad to be wrong on those.