Lebanon (5-5) @ #1 Oakland (10-0)

GoPats2019

25 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

Even though Oakland does have some weaknesses, this one won't be close.  Running clock second half.  56-14 

Oakland averaged 55ppg and gave up less than 8ppg. Their closest game was 17pt win vs. their arch-rival.

They played 9 running clock games. 

Where's this weakness?

13 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Not sure I'd categorize it as a weakness, but WC and Riverdale gave teams not named Whitehaven and Maryville a blueprint to keeping it close against Oakland. Truth be told, given the way Oakland plays defensively it's always been there, just a little bit more vulnerable this year given what they lost of the defensive line

It could be is my point, of course  a 49-14 or 86-14 win isn’t a weakness but better teams may be able to expose Oakland’s defense. Good thing for Oakland is, Maryville doesn’t seem to have a great offense to do that, and especially not Whitehaven seeing that they’re struggling to score just 17 points a game. Ravenwood would maybe have a shot but then again they struggled to score against Blackman, a team Oakland handled. Oakland is still by far the favorite imo.

2 minutes ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It could be is my point, of course  a 49-14 or 86-14 win isn’t a weakness but better teams may be able to expose Oakland’s defense. Good thing for Oakland is, Maryville doesn’t seem to have a great offense to do that, and especially not Whitehaven seeing that they’re struggling to score just 17 points a game. Ravenwood would maybe have a shot but then again they struggled to score against Blackman, a team Oakland handled. Oakland is still by far the favorite imo.

I think we're pretty much saying the same thing. I honestly believe Maryville is the favorite though, because they have the running game to hurt Oakland, even if Hodge were to get hurt.

While Chambers isn't the best QB Maryville has ever had, he can def do some damage with the receivers they have. Oakland also would have to travel to Maryville, somewhere they've never won at. 

Whitehaven is always going to be the toughest matchup for Oakland because they are the one team that can match Oakland's size and speed. They may not be able to score as much but with that defense, but Oakland isn't scoring alot either, IMO. Whitehaven's defense actually did pretty well in the title game last year before their ineptitude on offense and Oakland wearing them down finally did them in.

I think Oakland would being able to control the game in the trenches against either Brentwood or Ravenwood. Oakland always seems to do far better against teams that favor the pass over the run, it plays right into what they like to do on defense.

With all that said, this Oakland team has a chance to achieve alot of goals that have never been accomplished for the program. Back to Back titles, 15-0 season, a win at Maryville, they're all on the table

Two years ago Oakland won in a unofficial shutout. Lebanon scored 6 on the last play due to a prearranged TD run by the Lebanon senior player who had special needs, never saw the field but had put in all the work throughout the season asked of him by the coaches. Such a classy move by Creasy, staff, and team. This year I’m hoping the Blue Devils can legitimately dent the scoreboard at least once. 

Oakland 42-7.

4 minutes ago, firstandgoal said:

Two years ago Oakland won in a unofficial shutout. Lebanon scored 6 on the last play due to a prearranged TD run by the Lebanon senior player who had special needs, never saw the field but had put in all the work throughout the season asked of him by the coaches. Such a classy move by Creasy, staff, and team. This year I’m hoping the Blue Devils can legitimately dent the scoreboard at least once. 

Oakland 42-7.

I think it shows what a unifying force sports can truly be. How is Lebanon looking for the future? I think you guys got a pretty good coach there