Commandos welcome the Blaze for round 2

Blaze45

52 minutes ago, 422PT said:

Not sure Blackman can stop Hendersonville..... would love to see y'all make it back to Oakland - 

Just don't think it will happen.

Murphy is good no doubt - I like him. Old school & down hill & will hit you square in the mouth - But it takes 11 to stop a good option team..... and 24 points won't be enough to beat Hendersonville like it was Willy Central.

Blackman 42 - 17

Edited by BigGameHunter

Watching Hendersonville on NFHS against Cookeville . Hendersonville's offense looked good against Cookeville but then again Blackman looked really good offensively against Cookeville. Oddly enough as they say defense wins ball games  I  "think " that may well be the difference here. Hendersonville's defense either did not show up for that game or Blackman's defense was much better on a given night.  The same can be said for the Wilson central game ... I think Blackman may eek this on out ...

13 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Watching Hendersonville on NFHS against Cookeville . Hendersonville's offense looked good against Cookeville but then again Blackman looked really good offensively against Cookeville. Oddly enough as they say defense wins ball games  I  "think " that may well be the difference here. Hendersonville's defense either did not show up for that game or Blackman's defense was much better on a given night.  The same can be said for the Wilson central game ... I think Blackman may eek this on out ...

There is no doubt the blaze are better on defense.  The cold weather makes us lean on our run game and malone will go for over 200.   The blaze are getting hot at the right time.  I like our chances to make a good little run the next few weeks!   I'm gonna tighten my prediction a little with the colder weather than I thought - Blackman 31 - Hendersonville 10

22 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

There is no doubt the blaze are better on defense.  The cold weather makes us lean on our run game and malone will go for over 200.   The blaze are getting hot at the right time.  I like our chances to make a good little run the next few weeks!   I'm gonna tighten my prediction a little with the colder weather than I thought - Blackman 31 - Hendersonville 10

Likely run into Oakland next week...what're your thoughts on that one? Blaze seem to be heating up, but a 0 point showing in the last matchup can't bode well.

32 minutes ago, bplawyer said:

Likely run into Oakland next week...what're your thoughts on that one? Blaze seem to be heating up, but a 0 point showing in the last matchup can't bode well.

I think Oakland is a little better than us, but not by 40.  Having a full strength malone will help us - didn't have him last game at full strength.  Our defense played well that night...our offense and kicking game hurt us.  If we can shore those areas up then it can be a competitive game and maybe we could make a play or two to pull the upset.  I guess I am saying this...i know oakland is good, but I don't believe they are 40 points better than us and I think we have worked some things out since the last game - you at least won't see us put 5 wrs out their and let oakland abuse drew.  OC change helped with that!  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

I think Oakland is a little better than us, but not by 40.  Having a full strength malone will help us - didn't have him last game at full strength.  Our defense played well that night...our offense and kicking game hurt us.  If we can shore those areas up then it can be a competitive game and maybe we could make a play or two to pull the upset.  I guess I am saying this...i know oakland is good, but I don't believe they are 40 points better than us and I think we have worked some things out since the last game - you at least won't see us put 5 wrs out their and let oakland abuse drew.  OC change helped with that!  

I agree with you for the most part. Definitely think it will be a much closer game than many imagine. 

56 minutes ago, BigGameHunter said:

How many Offensive Coordinators have you used this year? Doesn't this make 3???

Looking at common opponents, one would ask where this Blaze domination comes in... Hendersonville played both Wilson Central and Indy beating WC 30-9 and losing to Indy 31-24

Blackman lost to Indy in an embarrassing fashion, while beating WC 24-0. Looking at scores of common opponents has not been to accurate this season. However I do expect a close game.