1A Quarterfinals Oliver Springs @ Greenback

orngnblk

I look for OS to try their best to play keep away from us Fri night.It would be in their best interest to run EVERY second off the clock if they possibly can.Coalfield tried to play wide open and that just wont work with the players these two have.I am curious to see what they come at us with.Right now i say 45-16 type game.

2 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I would like to say congratulations to Oliver Springs on being a top 8 team,we all said you guys were a top 10 team before the season started and you proved it week in and week out!We welcome you here but thats a friendly as its gonna get,we have a goal and you are in our way.:thumb:

Good post! Especially the last line lol. 

Edited by Gbnation

4 hours ago, Makinplays said:

I have actually seen head officials stop games and gather both HCs to the center of the field and tell them to regain control of their teams. 

I think it was last season or the one before we were playing Claiborne county and they had a few players throwing punches and trying to take out knees late in the 4th and the refs got both head coaches together at midfield and called the game with almost 3 minutes to go.. I do know Coalfield is really bad at this if they are losing.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I would like to say congratulations to Oliver Springs on being a top 8 team,we all said you guys were a top 10 team before the season started and you proved it week in and week out!We welcome you here but thats a friendly as its gonna get,we have a goal and you are in our way.:thumb:

We are looking forward to a good old fashion hard nosed football game. Cant wait inhipe we can put up a better showing than last game.

6 minutes ago, bobcats98 said:

I think it was last season or the one before we were playing Claiborne county and they had a few players throwing punches and trying to take out knees late in the 4th and the refs got both head coaches together at midfield and called the game with almost 3 minutes to go.. I do know Coalfield is really bad at this if they are losing.

There was a lot of that going on last night by #2 from Coalfield. He told my son during the game last night if I’m going out then I will take you out too. SAD!!!!

Just now, bobcats98 said:

I feel when a team demonstrates this type behavior it becomes a question of how the team is being coached. I love to see aggressive play as much as anyone but when players are deliberately trying to hurt or “take out” other players imho it reflects directly on the program leadership. 

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I am getting fired up for these games now.Last night lit a fire i havent had since i had one out there!!!Cant wait for Fri!!

The team that showed up last night is fun to watch! Got to keep building on that effort and keep it rolling going into Friday nights game. This OS team has some key starters back and will come in wanting to pull the upset. Stay focused on the task at hand!!

5 minutes ago, Makinplays said:

I feel when a team demonstrates this type behavior it becomes a question of how the team is being coached. I love to see aggressive play as much as anyone but when players are deliberately trying to hurt or “take out” other players imho it reflects directly on the program leadership. 

I couldn’t agree more!