1A Quarterfinals Oliver Springs @ Greenback

orngnblk

7 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Has been for 4 years!EVERY single year he did this stuff.He wasnt alone last night.#5 elbowed a tackler right in his face,24 done a full body drop with his elbow in the back of our kid who scored in the endzone with 2 refs within 5 yards watching.#14 also punched runner on the ground.#2 took our runner out of bounds and tried to rip his helmet off with both hands again ref watching NO CALL.We ran a TD #2 came running in AFTER the whistle and was hitting 23.TERRIBLE and yes it reflects the coaching 2 should have been benched!

I find it appalling the CF coaching staff, or at the least, someone within the CF administration would allow their student athletes to represent their program in this manner? If there is a lack of control within this program then someone else should step in and control it for them. 4 years of this type behavior being experienced by multiple opposing programs is totally unacceptable. It seems CF has a good program at the 1A level to allow this. 

14 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

One player isn’t making up 50 points. Greenback will cruise again. I was very confident in SP making it at the end of last season. I’m still confident but Greenback is making me very nervous. The landscape of the East looks a little different than I expected it would this time last season. 

I took some time to look up some stats on some of the 1A teams still alive, it appears GB is a night and day different team than they were at the start of the season. Seems their QB has five or so athletes at his disposal. Looking at their schedule their only two losses are two teams that have sights set on playing for state titles as well, and the Meigs Co game was a td difference according to the box score. Stats only tell part of the story but one would think if they win this next in convincing fashion, especially with OS athletes returning, it makes a huge statement as to how their mindset is. It’s time for high school football to start getting real fun! 

34 minutes ago, Pirate2003 said:

One player isn’t making up 50 points. Greenback will cruise again. I was very confident in SP making it at the end of last season. I’m still confident but Greenback is making me very nervous. The landscape of the East looks a little different than I expected it would this time last season. 

I hope we just skeer you to death :roflol:

On a serious note you should be confident in your team they are a good group of athletes and well coached. I’m also confident in my team. We both have another job to get done before this game  takes place. Good luck until we meet up lol. 

• Upvote 3

Oz will come in looking for the upset but they’re just too short handed and don’t have the athletes to stick around. I don’t think CF made it past the 50 yard line in the first half. If our defense continues to play like they did last night, this game will be over pretty quick as well. Run defense is like a stone wall right now. I’ll take us 48-6.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bobcats98 said:

He's a piece of work. He is even worse in basketball with his attitude. 

Football is a contact sport that players get hurt in but when a player is intentionally trying to hurt other players by lunging at their knees hitting them after the play is over is completely unacceptable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

I hope we just skeer you to death :roflol:

On a serious note you should be confident in your team they are a good group of athletes and well coached. I’m also confident in my team. We both have another job to get done before this game  takes place. Good luck until we meet up lol. 

What kind of mess is this? A week ago you was a saying you would be lucky to make it.  I garuntee you better repent in the morning.  You think im joking but im not. 

19 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

What kind of mess is this? A week ago you was a saying you would be lucky to make it.  I garuntee you better repent in the morning.  You think im joking but im not. 

RD we are just trying to do the best we can. We got OS next trying to stay alive. 

Ive got a question for you? Are you kin to

Roy D Mercer ? From Tulsa 

Edited by GbMan

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Has been for 4 years!EVERY single year he did this stuff.He wasnt alone last night.#5 elbowed a tackler right in his face,24 done a full body drop with his elbow in the back of our kid who scored in the endzone with 2 refs within 5 yards watching.#14 also punched runner on the ground.#2 took our runner out of bounds and tried to rip his helmet off with both hands again ref watching NO CALL.We ran a TD #2 came running in AFTER the whistle and was hitting 23.TERRIBLE and yes it reflects the coaching 2 should have been benched!

If you witnessed all that and was able to keep your composure then I salute you! I’ve witnessed some cheap shots and some pushing and shoving after the whistle but what you’re describing is definitely a coach who has no control over his team! 
 One game comes to mind that I watched pretty close to that. Jasper vs York in 08! York was the most undisciplined team I’d seen that year! Their coach actually acted just as bad! 
You win with dignity and you lose with dignity! 

12 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

If you witnessed all that and was able to keep your composure then I salute you! I’ve witnessed some cheap shots and some pushing and shoving after the whistle but what you’re describing is definitely a coach who has no control over his team! 
 One game comes to mind that I watched pretty close to that. Jasper vs York in 08! York was the most undisciplined team I’d seen that year! Their coach actually acted just as bad! 
You win with dignity and you lose with dignity! 

+1

This thread should be bumping!OS fans how long has it been since you made it this far 2011?Thats the year you all snuck one out against Oneida and made the semis if im not wrong----of course we beat you all 31-10 during the season that year,you also lost to CF and Sunbright.:huh:

Edited by orngnblk