2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

1 minute ago, TPeabodyGT said:

I'm watching the bracket post.  So far most are picking Meigs.  Plus the Big Ones contest has them neck and neck.   Nonetheless it will be interesting to see how we stack up against one another.  Defending 2A Champs/2019 Mr. Football against Meigs who has the 2018 Mr. Football and hasn't been to state since 95.  Both teams have their reasons to be hungry for the win.  Will be interesting to see how the cards fall.   

I think it's only natural for most people to pick against the defending champion. Some of it is hope and some believe it can happen. Coach Fulmer used to say "the wind blows harder at the top of the flagpole".... so take it as a compliment.
I read a touching comment tonight on facebook from the Mother of a Meigs player, "It's a small town dream to have our little community represented at the state championship game".  I imagine that applies to Peabody's community also.

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I think it's only natural for most people to pick against the defending champion. Some of it is hope and some believe it can happen. Coach Fulmer used to say "the wind blows harder at the top of the flagpole".... so take it as a compliment.
I read a touching comment tonight on facebook from the Mother of a Meigs player, "It's a small town dream to have our little community represented at the state championship game".  I imagine that applies to Peabody's community also.

It is. We have our annual Christmas parade and the band performs all it’s songs. This year and last year we gather to celebrate this and the fine job from Cooper this season. We are gonna enjoy this and look for another gold ball against a very deserving Meigs squad

6 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

It is. We have our annual Christmas parade and the band performs all it’s songs. This year and last year we gather to celebrate this and the fine job from Cooper this season. We are gonna enjoy this and look for another gold ball against a very deserving Meigs squad

It's called small-town pride, America at it's best.
I remember some powerful teams near you from the late 60's through early 80's - Humboldt, and Milan.

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I remember some powerful teams near you from the late 60's through early 80's - Humboldt, and Milan.

Exactly right! Yes, Milan and Humboldt were always the two best to come out of our districts back then. Milan has kept that dynasty going, Humboldt has fallen drastically 

18 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Hometown camaraderie....    That's the term I like to go with.  In small towns those Friday Night Lights can light up the entire skyline.   It's quite the opposite in the larger cities where bright lights can outshine those Friday Night Lights.  That's why you gotta love small town football.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, allgoodlf said:

I watched them play a not as good TC team and S.Pitt. South Pitt looks like us, but we have more weapons and speed

Meigs plays bully ball and they can throw it but their receivers are nowhere as skilled or fast as Fairley.  Swaffod is a beast and 34 is not bad.  I think out defence will be the difference

Their d line can be pushed around.  That TC tram is not near the team they were last year.

Peabody will probably destroy us...  we have known that all season. We don’t deserve to be on the field. You guys have a D1 RB/LB, Mr Football and the best defense. Our team is going to line up Saturday and ask mighty Peabody for autographs. Our QB will be 1st in line followed by our weak Defense then our slow receivers. 

31 minutes ago, Turu said:

Peabody will probably destroy us...  we have known that all season. We don’t deserve to be on the field. You guys have a D1 RB/LB, Mr Football and the best defense. Our team is going to line up Saturday and ask mighty Peabody for autographs. Our QB will be 1st in line followed by our weak Defense then our slow receivers. 

Really Man!  We got confidence in our guys just like you have it in yours.  Get to Cookeville Saturday and enjoy a good football game.