2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

It’ll be a faster D line vs a big O line. Last year at state looking at TC I wasn’t so sure when I seen there they were big on both sides of the ball. I think we will be fine, but it will be a battle again this year. One off play from us will lead to big yardage for Meigs

I have never considered our line to be big. Seems like most teams we play have a size advantage. With the type athletes y'all have the old adage of winning the line of scrimmage win the game may not apply.

9 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

I have never considered our line to be big. Seems like most teams we play have a size advantage. With the type athletes y'all have the old adage of winning the line of scrimmage win the game may not apply.

Watching some highlights it looks like y’all do. Y’all defense are good at stuffing the middle

3 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Peabody has been ranked #1 all season long.   Now suddenly everyone is betting against us.   That's completely alright though.  Our boys have experience at the Ville and have the fight in them to never give up.  Naysayers keep it up.  You're only adding fuel to the fire of Peabody going #Back2Back.  

It’s fine. I made a similar post Saturday, it’s just like last year everyone said TC will win that game, some even predicted it to not even be close. All there is said to do is strap the pads and see who’s the best. 

9 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

Peabody has been ranked #1 all season long.   Now suddenly everyone is betting against us.   That's completely alright though.  Our boys have experience at the Ville and have the fight in them to never give up.  Naysayers keep it up.  You're only adding fuel to the fire of Peabody going #Back2Back.  

I haven't seen or heard of anyone betting against Peabody. What a few people say on a message board won't have any effect on the game - positive or negative.
I would think Peabody should be favored since they're the defending state champ, and they have the recently crowned Mr. Football player in 2A. 

Edited by blitzinbuc

2 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

It’s fine. I made a similar post Saturday, it’s just like last year everyone said TC will win that game, some even predicted it to not even be close. All there is said to do is strap the pads and see who’s the best. 

I don't see why y'all wouldn't be the favorites to win. Defending Champions returned everybody, You guys are the team to beat Meigs has never won a title. You team is in the driver's seat not Meigs.

I'm watching the bracket post.  So far most are picking Meigs.  Plus the Big Ones contest has them neck and neck.   Nonetheless it will be interesting to see how we stack up against one another.  Defending 2A Champs/2019 Mr. Football against Meigs who has the 2018 Mr. Football and hasn't been to state since 95.  Both teams have their reasons to be hungry for the win.  Will be interesting to see how the cards fall.   

6 minutes ago, RunnerUp said:

I don't see why y'all wouldn't be the favorites to win. Defending Champions returned everybody, You guys are the team to beat Meigs has never won a title. You team is in the driver's seat not Meigs.

Just other people preference on the game.. doesn’t matter much tho. Guys from the West will go for Peabody and guys from East will root for Meigs