2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

why does it matter how they scored. do certain ways not count. they scored 14. in ways that are congruent with TSSSAA rules. and it was 14-0. is meigs incapable of a pick 6? are they incapable of a double pass? exactly. meigs is BETTER by a mile than riverside. if you struggled with the panthers...... 

(ill ignore ur sad insults. everyone knows riverside stole that game with  the referees assistance. most wont admit it until they are in front of Jesus Himself and i am ok with that)

:wacko:

Can we all agree to ignore the Quack General Forrest’s posts? It’s obvious he’s just looking for some attention and responding to him is just fueling him. I’d like to be able to read about the two teams playing with actual football conversation. Peabody & Meigs have both earned their spot in the Championship and deserve all the attention to be on them. 

Edited by dtownfan364
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dtownfan364 said:

Can we all agree to ignore the Quack General Forrest’s posts? It’s obvious he’s just looking for some attention and responding to him is just fueling him. I’d like to be able to read about the two teams playing with actual football conversation. Peabody & Meigs have both earned their spot in the Championship and deserve all the attention to be on them. 

I have literally stopped posting and reading all that because none of it is about the game.

Back to what matters the 2 A Tigers of the East and the Golden TideMen of the west !!! This is such a evenly matched contest starting fast and a turnover will most likely be the determining factor !!! Peabody doesnt turn ot over or get many penalties nor does Meigs does anything change on the biggest competitive stage some of the young men might ever be on ???

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Back to what matters the 2 A Tigers of the East and the Golden TideMen of the west !!! This is such a evenly matched contest starting fast and a turnover will most likely be the determining factor !!! Peabody doesnt turn ot over or get many penalties nor does Meigs does anything change on the biggest competitive stage some of the young men might ever be on ???

These games seem to open up as soon as someone scores. For us it was tied at the half against Trousdale and then they scored pretty quick into the 3rd qtr. And then total 42 points was scored between us the remaining 2 qtrs. Was a fun game to watch during the defensive struggle but exciting when both teams had to score to keep from playing from behind.

1 hour ago, PHSRollTide said:

I have literally stopped posting and reading all that because none of it is about the game.

Me too. Just like it was last year, I’m not hear to read  jebberish I come on here to post about football and real thoughts from each fan base. 

Edited by Goldenpride

5 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Great read and fair in assesment.

He does not have a clue.  Well maybe a little.  All who favor Meigs will think like this.  How do they know our schedule was weak.  We are just that good.  Everyone talks about Bama's schedule but they still win championships.  We know Meigs is good. They know we are good. But no toss up here.  If both teams play their best.  Peabody wins.

6 hours ago, Chazmo said:

Peabody had a off game against Riverside. Peabody did not have a off game against Fairly. Fairly is a great team. If the Meigs or Peabody coached Fairly they would be state champs. Athletes all over the place. 

Off game.  Peabody had over 400 yard total. Riverside just over 100.  I will take that off game every time.  But valid point on coaches.

9 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Lets talk football a bit.

If Peabody puts together a solid 4 quarters then I believe its a decisive Tide victory, but if we are justing looking at the last few games they indeed havent been able to. I think we will be able to get the edge but running inside will be a very tall task. If Cooper comes out hot with the recievers we have I feel very confident in a Tide win, here is why, hallbrook is a beast ask TC , blazing fast and a crisp route runner! Hammonds is basically a above avg. Speed and is spiderman lime when the ball hit his hands. Kee is 6 ft 2 ish amd a fast crisp route runner. If Peabody flubs the first quarter I in no way think we can dig out against a stout Tigers team. What does Tiger Nation see as their keys to a W ?

I feel to win Meigs has to make a couple of big plays and hopefully get a turnover or two. 

Greenback threw for nearly 400 yards on us but couldn't run. Swafford did get 2 int and had another but they said he didnt get both feet inbounds. We Also had 2 more balls that should have been intercepted. One just dropped that would have been a straight path to end zone. Our secondary is good and with Swafford at safety he makes big plays. 

I think it depends on if we can get pressure on the QB and make him throw it a little early. If we can not get pressure it's likely with the quality receivers you have it could be a long day for us. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I feel to win Meigs has to make a couple of big plays and hopefully get a turnover or two. 

Greenback threw for nearly 400 yards on us but couldn't run. Swafford did get 2 int and had another but they said he didnt get both feet inbounds. We Also had 2 more balls that should have been intercepted. One just dropped that would have been a straight path to end zone. Our secondary is good and with Swafford at safety he makes big plays. 

I think it depends on if we can get pressure on the QB and make him throw it a little early. If we can not get pressure it's likely with the quality receivers you have it could be a long day for us. 

Finally a reasonable post, your right on that pick 6 last week at Riverside they were full gear on Coop, but they never rushed like that again.. not saying you guys can’t because it’s evenly matched I think in the trenches. If he learns to just simply throw it away and not take that big risk of being bailed out by Noah or Eli then it’ll make our passing so much better. Imo I feel like both teams need to create turnovers to get the edge in this one

30 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Finally a reasonable post, your right on that pick 6 last week at Riverside they were full gear on Coop, but they never rushed like that again.. not saying you guys can’t because it’s evenly matched I think in the trenches. If he learns to just simply throw it away and not take that big risk of being bailed out by Noah or Eli then it’ll make our passing so much better. Imo I feel like both teams need to create turnovers to get the edge in this one

We got one turnover last week and it was big. I can't remember the last turnover we had as a team. For the most part our guys do a good job taking care of and holding onto the ball. 

It should be fun to watch both teams try to stop these offenses.  I have been listening to teams for four years now saying they would shut down Swafford. I would say last week scoring only 22 and holding Swafford to under a hundred with 2TD running 2 2 point conversions and 1 in the air was a good defensive game against him.

He seems to eventually find away a couple of times a game and break several tackles on his way to a 60 or 70 yard td. Or run around for what seems like a minute or so until he slings it downfield 50 yards in the air on the run.

Watching your guys is scary. You all have a lot of of talent and players who can score at any time. I think it will be tough for us to contain 4 and 7 but it should be fun watching. 

Some lady told me last friday during the game you all were losing at  halftime and it looked like we would play Riverside. I told her dont count on it. I said just watch Peabody will score as much as they want in the 2nd half. I think I actually told the lady you guys would come back and win by 30 or so.

Edited by Tiger2