2A State Championship Meigs vs Peabody

Goldenpride

7 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Thanks dont know how I left him out.

#2 has a ton of heart. He hits harder than anyone on team and he is not a big kid. He is not afraid of laying it to the bigger guys. 

On offense he is our backup QB and only a sophomore.  He is such a great athlete that we use him all over the place. He has made some nice runs and catches and has his share of big plays this year also.

Losing a Mr Football like Swafford will hurt for sure but Meigs is in good hands with this kid next year. If he grows a little more and works hard I believe he has the potential to take Meigs back to state again next year

Whittemore for us is the same way undersized but lays the wood .

Vandyfan

That must have been how we pulled out the victory against GB. You were over on the wrong orange and black side. It was a fun game to watch. 

I dont think anyone will throw as much as GB does

It felt like they threw every play. I believe if they would have ran it a little more they would have got us. 

I think throwing it around 10 times a game at the high school level is fine. Looking at Peabody they got a pretty good mix of run/pass and the QB spreads it around pretty well also. I agree with you and think Peabody has a more talented and balanced offense. 

I am hoping our guys and girl come ready to play. It will take a great game from our Defense. I think they are going to come out ready to go and get enough pressure on the QB to force some mistakes.  I hope it's enough

I am going to always count on Swafford especially in this situation with it all on the line.

I dont believe it will be a blowout or a 2 or 3 score game however. I think we can keep it close and have a shot to pull it out in the end.

Edited by Tiger2

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

The QB can run it also for Peabody. The Swafford pick you talk about happened in front of me he was way out of bounds and I don’t think at the High school level you have to have two feet in bounds. 

Idk if Peabody can pass the ball like Greenback did on Meigs but I think they can enough to keep Meigs honest. 

I like both teams but I’m stick with Peabody by 14. 

Baugus is one of our fastest and most elusive players.

46 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

Baugus is one of our fastest and most elusive players.

Our line will contain him mostly I believe. People like him and Swafford always do enough to keep their team in it when it counts though. Not that everyone else wont do their part, but clutch players normally make plays when it counts.

12 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Our line will contain him mostly I believe. People like him and Swafford always do enough to keep their team in it when it counts though. Not that everyone else wont do their part, but clutch players normally make plays when it counts.

They tend to use the other two or three backs, jet sweep, and the pass to cover his runs. very few times you actually  know he is running the ball. I think he does it in his RPO plays. Most but the coaches do a good job covering it up.

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I think the game inside the game will be interesting, Super Swafford vs a linebacking core for PHS that is 2nd to none Franks, Dickson and Whittemore this will be fun ! There also will be a very interesting factor that might not rear its head till the 3rd quarter ! Recieving cores, this game is so competitive on so many levels I believe who ever has the better over all team game at this position very well could be the deciding factor. I have to ask @vandyfan1 has Swafford seen a backer core like the Tides and where dobyou see separation in the receiving core ? Tell it the way you see and dont worry bout feeling as always guy !

12 hours ago, dtownfan364 said:

Can we all agree to ignore the Quack General Forrest’s posts? It’s obvious he’s just looking for some attention and responding to him is just fueling him. I’d like to be able to read about the two teams playing with actual football conversation. Peabody & Meigs have both earned their spot in the Championship and deserve all the attention to be on them. 

Nice job setting the time of ignoring me.   I've posted more actual analysis of the game on sat than any poster here.  

3 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

They tend to use the other two or three backs, jet sweep, and the pass to cover his runs. very few times you actually  know he is running the ball. I think he does it in his RPO plays. Most but the coaches do a good job covering it up.

Its been interesting watching the coaches pull back on Coop not run it much this year! Plain N simple for this exact moment in the season !! Cooper throws for 205 in this one and runs for 105 .

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Back to what matters the 2 A Tigers of the East and the Golden TideMen of the west !!! This is such a evenly matched contest starting fast and a turnover will most likely be the determining factor !!! Peabody doesnt turn ot over or get many penalties nor does Meigs does anything change on the biggest competitive stage some of the young men might ever be on ???

Your analysis is tired and no one has gotten a single nugget of value from it.