FORREST 2020

GeneralForrest

Just now, Jobres76 said:

Generally it is a two year deal and last year was the first of the two years. Usually the schools agree on a home and away. Not sure how you boys do it on the north end of the county, but that is generally how it is done general.

you may be right. 

i may be crazy

but it just may be a lunatic.....nvm

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

You know what... I agree. Not a "judgement call", where you can understand perspective, translation of the infraction, or judgement of relevance to the play. It was an instance of seeing the infraction, and misapplying the penalty, which should not happen... ever. If the official doesn't know or understand the application of the penalty (which is bad enough in itself, one of the others (or all) should have. In instances of this nature, I try and evaluate from the ref's point of view, and can usually find a way not to fully brand him/her as a cheater or morally wrong, just usually incompetent or overzealous. I don't believe that it was intentional, but the magnitude of the error isn't really acceptable for an elimination game... I'd be hot too.

It wasn't the official it was the OFFICIALS. The entire crew was incompetent on several calls. 4 guys huddled and came up with the screw up. 4 other guys were on the field and never once questioned what they were doing. Incorrect interpretation of penalties. Inability to spot a football. This was unacceptable for a playoff game. This crew would receive a lifetime ban from our junior pro league. 

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

It wasn't the official it was the OFFICIALS. The entire crew was incompetent on several calls. 4 guys huddled and came up with the screw up. 4 other guys were on the field and never once questioned what they were doing. Incorrect interpretation of penalties. Inability to spot a football. This was unacceptable for a playoff game. This crew would receive a lifetime ban from our junior pro league. 

ha. so true. 

After a Rockets’ timeout, McClendon took the pitch from Kirby and ran to home boundary where he seemed to reach the ball past the down marker before stepping out of bounds.

Instead of marking the where the ball went out, the sideline referee mark the footprints in the mud and the Panthers took over.

The home crowd went insane over the bad call, but it was to no avail when after a couple of victory formation plays by Riverside, the magical season came to an excruciating end for the Rockets.