Hampton Football 2020

uknoit2

9 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Awesome.  My girls are playing on the jr high this spring and the coach wants E'owyn to be in the pitching rotation.  I know she's excited and nervous at the same time.  Savannah may be starting at 1st base. 

Tell her to have fun especially if she hasn’t pitched a lot before. I love softball. It’s fun to watch.

Just now, uknoit2 said:

Man I'd say! Kid was a freakin TRUCK 

They posted a banner of the team running out the day before, I spotted him and made a point to see where he lined up,sure enough,he was exactly where I thought he would be. Manchild. The other little back was quick as a cat. Why they seen the need to pass in the 1st half was a mystery to me.

49 minutes ago, pujo said:

I usually watch all the state games.Just enjoy High schooll football.

The Big 1a will a lot of talent on the field East Surry and Tarboro. Tarboro is a different animal. I think Robbinsville wins small 1a. The Smokey Mtn Conference is so tough. They have a RB Anderson that is really good. 

Reidsville win small 2a I bet. Shelby in big 2a is got all kinds of D1 kids.

Charlotte Catholic will tough in small 3a. They had a 7 overtime game last Friday. Weddington big 3a is going for back to back. They have a Junior 5 star RB Will Shipley. 

I don’t know a lot about the 2 4a games.

49 minutes ago, pujo said:

They posted a banner of the team running out the day before, I spotted him and made a point to see where he lined up,sure enough,he was exactly where I thought he would be. Manchild. The other little back was quick as a cat. Why they seen the need to pass in the 1st half was a mystery to me.

Beast on both sides of the ball...and I read he was going to UT Martin??? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Did this happen? Does anyone know? Ripley has their HC job posted on the bulletin board over the weekend.
    • Coalfield definitely isn't the same team they've had the past few years. They are still the favorites to make it out of their region because of their pitching. They have 1 arm that sits low to mid 80s and 2 other arms that are mid to high 70s with good off speed stuff. If you can avoid their top 3 bats in their lineup then you have a shot to beat them. Their 4-9 hitters are average at best. Wartburg's ace was able to shut them down last week in the game Wartburg won 4-2. 
    • It is the longest season. Plus, 30 games a year. No Christmas break. I would say basketball is the most time consuming. 
    • No movement on Chester? South Gibson? Gibson County?
    • Winfree's senior year was the season she needed to secure more college interest. That opportunity was taken away from her. A lot of false assumptions can be made about what happened and what the options are. Unfortunately, the former coach and administration did not allow Winfree to have due process. A lawsuit was filed for a reason, and it will run its course by people who conduct discovery and take depositions. Unless the parties settle out of court, a lot of the pertinent issues will come to the public surface. I wrote about many of the issues here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/ I interviewed Winfree after she was dismissed from the team and wrote about it here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/ Winfree had been on teams in Warren County since the fourth grade and never been dismissed from a team. The real questions are why was Winfree dismissed from the team, and why the administration backed a coach whom they did not rehire.