Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

6 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

BINGO!  And if Peabody returns the same line then they should be an even better force than they were last year since the young men are a year older and stronger.

Coach jacobs said at the beginning of the year that this years line was the biggest he has coached. They arent only big they can move and block. We two 300 pound guys who can pull and block and have good feet 

11 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Coach jacobs said at the beginning of the year that this years line was the biggest he has coached. They arent only big they can move and block. We two 300 pound guys who can pull and block and have good feet 

That combination is the key for a successful offense. "If" Meigs makes it to the championship game against Peabody, Coach Fitzgerald and his staff will have to do their homework in trying to figure out the best schemes in offsetting Peabody's stalwart offensive line. 

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

That combination is the key for a successful offense. "If" Meigs makes it to the championship game against Peabody, Coach Fitzgerald and his staff will have to do their homework in trying to figure out the best schemes in offsetting Peabody's stalwart offensive line. 

You forget, Peabodypride said Will Meadows couldnt get 30 yards against a good defense. May as well call it a day I guess lol.

2 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

13 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Wasnt meant for you good buddy.

I think you guys have a great team and it will either be Watertown meigs or trousdale in the championship game. Hopefully we make it and get to play one of you guys. 

my honest opinion I think Watertown is the top team from the east but I’m not sure they get over the trousdale hump. What they do is hard to defend. It took Peabody several years to get where they could get the kids to defend Union city which is very similar. 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

I think you guys have a great team and it will either be Watertown meigs or trousdale in the championship game. Hopefully we make it and get to play one of you guys. 

my honest opinion I think Watertown is the top team from the east but I’m not sure they get over the trousdale hump. What they do is hard to defend. It took Peabody several years to get where they could get the kids to defend Union city which is very similar. 

Still havent seen them play. I know Union City runs the veer, is that what they run?

33 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

There weren't any holes for Meadows to run through because Peabody controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball, particularly in the second half. Swafford had a gimpy shoulder most of the season so he couldn't pass as effective as he had in previous seasons. Meigs wasn't able to pass well enough to force Peabody to change their defense. When you eliminate the passing threat your defense makes the opponent's offense one dimensional so your defense can focus on stopping the run,  Peabody had the athletes and quality depth to make the adjustments to do that - Meigs didn't have an answer. 

That gimpy shoulder turned out to be a torn labrum. He found out the following spring when he went back out for baseball and it was just too painful throwing. I think he waited until he got to Navy to have surgery on it. Could be wrong though. 

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

If Meigs makes it to the semifinal game, it will be Watertown's or Trousdale's turn to host the game. Trousdale beat Meigs in a good game when they hosted the semifinal game, and Meigs beat Watertown in a good game in 2019 when they hosted.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Still havent seen them play. I know Union City runs the veer, is that what they run?

Yeah triple option. They have a new coach they are running some shotgun stuff now and throwing the ball some. Trousdales offense is different now than it was in 2018. It’s line up and run you over football haha  I believe same offense they ran when they won most of the championships