Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

7 minutes ago, bwx643 said:

Trousdale County might throw the ball 2 or 3 times a game. In 2017, Union City beat Tyner in the state championship game and never threw a pass. If I recall correctly, they ran the  dive every play LOL 

My opinion is a little different. I think if you're good enough at your brand of football, you can line up and get it done. And Meigs does have some bullies up front.

I agree we do have some bullies. This is the best line I've seen us have since I've been watching. That being said, I like being able to spread a defense out is all if you can. It just makes running the ball easier. And running the ball is clearly what we do.

2 hours ago, bwx643 said:

Trousdale County might throw the ball 2 or 3 times a game. In 2017, Union City beat Tyner in the state championship game and never threw a pass. If I recall correctly, they ran the  dive every play LOL 

My opinion is a little different. I think if you're good enough at your brand of football, you can line up and get it done. And Meigs does have some bullies up front.

I don’t think they threw the ball once that year. What they did was typical of union city 

2 hours ago, bwx643 said:

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I agree we do have some bullies. This is the best line I've seen us have since I've been watching. That being said, I like being able to spread a defense out is all if you can. It just makes running the ball easier. And running the ball is clearly what we do.

I agree with both of these posts!

To clarify again Yeti, I was not accusing you of coaching from the stands. Please don’t think that was my intention. 

1 minute ago, ElGoat said:

I agree with both of these posts!

To clarify again Yeti, I was not accusing you of coaching from the stands. Please don’t think that was my intention. 

I didnt think that man, albeit I appreciate the clarification. I really enjoy how our offense works and what the coaches and players manage to accomplish. I've just seen what a quick 10 yard pass will do to a scheming defense as well. That's what makes me love seeing a pass here and there more often.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Coach Fitzgerald has said it many times....controlling the line(s) of scrimmage is vital in winning games. In last years' State Championship game, Peabody had the athletes and made the necessary adjustments to get this done. Meigs' didn't have the depth of healthy, quality linemen to do this....so Peabody' successes in the second half were due their linemen on both sides of the ball. Put Will Meadows in the backfield of last years' Peabody line, and he would have had a bountiful day....as did Peabody's running back did, particularly in the second half. I'm not comparing Will to Peabody's stud running back from last year, just making a statement that the guys in the trenches do the work to make running backs look good. 
The mark of a successful running back is being patient in finding the hole, then showing what separates them from an average running back once they're through the hole. Will has proven himself in being one of the best in the state in doing this. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Coach Fitzgerald has said it many times....controlling the line(s) of scrimmage is vital in winning games. In last years' State Championship game, Peabody had the athletes and made the necessary adjustments to get this done. Meigs' didn't have the depth of healthy, quality linemen to do this....so Peabody' successes in the second half were due their linemen on both sides of the ball. Put Will Meadows in the backfield of last years' Peabody line, and he would have had a bountiful day....as did Peabody's running back did, particularly in the second half. I'm not comparing Will to Peabody's stud running back from last year, just making a statement that the guys in the trenches do the work to make running backs look good. 
The mark of a successful running back is being patient in finding the hole, then showing what separates them from an average running back once they're through the hole. Will has proven himself in being one of the best in the state in doing this. 

I'm very confused sir ! Meadows did "try" to run the ball and got shut down very quick,or am I wrong ?Or is your comparison line to line

Edited by PeabodyPride

41 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

The same line returns this year 

19 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I'm very confused sir ! Meadows did "try" to run the ball and got shut down very quick,or am I wrong ?Or is your comparison line to line

There weren't any holes for Meadows to run through because Peabody controlled the LOS on both sides of the ball, particularly in the second half. Swafford had a gimpy shoulder most of the season so he couldn't pass as effective as he had in previous seasons. Meigs wasn't able to pass well enough to force Peabody to change their defense. When you eliminate the passing threat your defense makes the opponent's offense one dimensional so your defense can focus on stopping the run,  Peabody had the athletes and quality depth to make the adjustments to do that - Meigs didn't have an answer. 

Edited by blitzinbuc

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

BINGO!  And if Peabody returns the same line then they should be an even better force than they were last year since the young men are a year older and stronger.

This is not @ Tide21, but another poster. You can explain it to them but you cant understand it for them.