Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

4 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

If Meigs makes it to the semifinal game, it will be Watertown's or Trousdale's turn to host the game. Trousdale beat Meigs in a good game when they hosted the semifinal game, and Meigs beat Watertown in a good game in 2019 when they hosted.

Ok yeah I think it’s close between the three even closer between Watertown and meigs. The only reason I said Watertown is because they look harder to defend 

take in to consideration I haven’t seen trousdale or Watertown in person. I thought riverside was better than they were until I saw them in person

Edited by Tide21

6 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

That gimpy shoulder turned out to be a torn labrum. He found out the following spring when he went back out for baseball and it was just too painful throwing. I think he waited until he got to Navy to have surgery on it. Could be wrong though. 

You're correct.  Swafford played out the season in a lot of pain....more than most players could have endured. The Academy teams generally redshirt every freshmen, unless they can make the two-deep roster. Obviously, Swafford needed shoulder surgery and rehab time. I'm pretty sure the stud running back from Peabody who committed to Army was redshirted too.

13 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

You're correct.  Swafford played out the season in a lot of pain....more than most players could have endured. The Academy teams generally redshirt every freshmen, unless they can make the two-deep roster. Obviously, Swafford needed shoulder surgery and rehab time. I'm pretty sure the stud running back from Peabody who committed to Army was redshirted too.

How do you think Watertown and meigs match up this year ? 

19 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

If Meigs makes it to the semifinal game, it will be Watertown's or Trousdale's turn to host the game. Trousdale beat Meigs in a good game when they hosted the semifinal game, and Meigs beat Watertown in a good game in 2019 when they hosted.

Think you meant Trousdale

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

I honestly don't know anything about Watertown or Trousdale, other than seeing their final scores. I expect either team will be hard to beat at their place. 

I would assume a 1 score game either way if we make it that far. Semis for us last 2 years have been tough games.

39 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I would assume a 1 score game either way if we make it that far. Semis for us last 2 years have been tough games.

I agree. The semis in 2018 and 2019 could have gone either way. As it was, Trousdale took the 2018 game at their place, and Meigs took the 2019 game at their place.  Two great games, as semis should be.