Meigs County Football 2020

Yeti

Just now, Tide21 said:

Haha I wouldn’t have thought it. Being spunky will keep you young 

Young in mind and spirit, but the body feels the 70 years. Before you ask, no, we didn't play with leather helmets when I played football. Our helmets weren't near as good or safe as they are today.  Virtually everything was legal when I played.....side-body blocking at the knees on kickoffs and punts; helmet-to-helmet hits, crack-back blocking, double-team chop blocking; horse-collaring, etc. And we didn't wear mouth pieces, so someone on either team usually lost a tooth or two in a game.  Concussion protocol was unheard of.  Many games I never left the field, unless I got hurt.....which I wasn't allowed to do. :roflol:

3 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Young in mind and spirit, but the body feels the 70 years. Before you ask, no, we didn't play with leather helmets when I played football. Our helmets weren't near as good or safe as they are today.  Virtually everything was legal when I played.....side-body blocking at the knees on kickoffs and punts; helmet-to-helmet hits, crack-back blocking, double-team chop blocking; horse-collaring, etc. And we didn't wear mouth pieces, so someone on either team usually lost a tooth or two in a game.  Concussion protocol was unheard of.  Many games I never left the field, unless I got hurt.....which I wasn't allowed to do. :roflol:

Seen alot of old timers in wheel chairs in my day. Now I know who put them there. :mrgreen:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

Haha a lot has changed its different now from when I played and it wasn’t as long ago as you. 

we were told there’s a difference between being hurt and injured. If you are injured you cant play and if you are hurt you better not lay on the field 

21 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Haha a lot has changed its different now from when I played and it wasn’t as long ago as you. 

we were told there’s a difference between being hurt and injured. If you are injured you cant play and if you are hurt you better not lay on the field 

That's how I remember it!

20 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Pain is weakness leaving the body :mrgreen:

If a broken bone isn't protruding through the skin, wrap the area tight and get back out there.  :roflol:

I once broke a finger in a game, so the coach had the assistant coach put half a popsicle stick on it and wrap it with tape, then told me I needed to go to the hospital and have it set AFTER the game.

22 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Heads were harder back in the day. Scientific study says players eat to many salt tablets.