Grundy Coaching

Raider1234

On 2/25/2020 at 5:50 PM, Rocky34 said:

I agree the culture needs to change but I'm a little different in that I believe it needs to start with the board and central office.  Way to much back stabbing at the top and it all flows downhill from there.  I agree I don't know why a coach would want to go to Grundy but they do have some big boys and good athletes.  I think the coach they have now is a real good guy but he is probably best to be an assistant.  Just to unorganized and doesn't appear to know how to run a football team.  Running the stuff he learned in the pros is not working on the mountain.

Serious question. Is the board in Grundy Co. elected?  If so, changing culture can happen with a vote. 

Yes the Grundy Board members are elected.  There has been numerous different school board members over the years.  Trouble is there is only one culture in Grundy Co.  They can't get out of their own way because it's always a Hatfield vs McCoy mentality.  It's like our current political system...they can't agree on anything and everyone is only out for themselves, not what is best for the Grundy kids.  That's the problem plain and simple and those that know Grundy know its 100% true!  How about it Raider1234??

17 hours ago, Rocky34 said:

I don't know what exactly happened with tate.  Alot of folks didn't seem to like him because of the way he talked to and treated the players.  I always thought he did a pretty good job with the talent he had and felt he would eventually get things turned around.  Then the hazing incident happened and that was the end of tate.  Im pretty sure they were really concerned about the lack of supervision and discipline within the program to.

So theres truth to what I was told. Dont think I can say on here. His cancer culture mixed with the board and support made an explosive cocktail thats way more flammable than my Miller High Life.

• Like 1

The problem with Grundy County is Grundy County. You folks care too much which side of the mountain whoever was born on. Then if an outsider comes in your xenophobia cranks up. So there's never an opportunity for authority or leadership to really get things done at any level. There are so many talented kids who are leaving the system to attend school in Marion or Coffee or Sequatchie depending on the sport. Yall are the lowest paying county in the state for teachers if my memory serves, but its not as if you're the lowest populated and you only have to support ONE public High School.  Grundy can and should be a fantastic place. The potential for a close knit community where the ENTIRE County supports kids is there if yall can stop your clanish tribal squabbling. You have intelligent, kind, generous people at heart who I believe sincerely mean well and want their kids to stay. You have big country kids who aren't afraid of hard work. So why aren't you winning in 3A? Why can't you beat Cannon, Bledsoe, Whitwell, or teams with similar demographics and economic situations? How many Coaches, AD's, Board Members, Local politicians, etc. have yall been through the past 10 years? Why was Coach Bryant fired again? And the saddest part is the kids and parents most capable of improving matters in the future, they are being poached by AAU, Travel baseball, and football coaches in surrounding areas while theyre in the Middle Grades, and attending high school elsewhere. And yall want to fire coaches every 6 months. Yall need stability and continuity, and support the coach you have. He's a good man and a good role model he just needs an offensive coordinator by the looks of it. Stop sending death threats to ya coaches and try not to burn any important buildings down and one day yall might win some ball games. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, PaPaLegba said:

The problem with Grundy County is Grundy County. You folks care too much which side of the mountain whoever was born on. Then if an outsider comes in your xenophobia cranks up. So there's never an opportunity for authority or leadership to really get things done at any level. There are so many talented kids who are leaving the system to attend school in Marion or Coffee or Sequatchie depending on the sport. Yall are the lowest paying county in the state for teachers if my memory serves, but its not as if you're the lowest populated and you only have to support ONE public High School.  Grundy can and should be a fantastic place. The potential for a close knit community where the ENTIRE County supports kids is there if yall can stop your clanish tribal squabbling. You have intelligent, kind, generous people at heart who I believe sincerely mean well and want their kids to stay. You have big country kids who aren't afraid of hard work. So why aren't you winning in 3A? Why can't you beat Cannon, Bledsoe, Whitwell, or teams with similar demographics and economic situations? How many Coaches, AD's, Board Members, Local politicians, etc. have yall been through the past 10 years? Why was Coach Bryant fired again? And the saddest part is the kids and parents most capable of improving matters in the future, they are being poached by AAU, Travel baseball, and football coaches in surrounding areas while theyre in the Middle Grades, and attending high school elsewhere. And yall want to fire coaches every 6 months. Yall need stability and continuity, and support the coach you have. He's a good man and a good role model he just needs an offensive coordinator by the looks of it. Stop sending death threats to ya coaches and try not to burn any important buildings down and one day yall might win some ball games. 

:popcorneater:

Papalegba, I agree with most of what you said except the last part.  Yes, they need to have stability and continuity and support the coach.  And their current coach is an excellent guy and maybe even a good role model but no head coach worth his salary should have to count on an assistant to come in and run his offense or defense to be successful.  The head coach should know what he wants done and be able to take over either side of the ball in a situation like his.  Who in the world are they going to be able to get as a quality assistant at Grundy to come in and solve his problems?  Maybe a good pay caller on a play station game but that is no better than where they are now.  This football program has taken a pounding over the last few years (yes since they fired Coach Bryant) and it is only going to get worse with the current direction they are going.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:07 AM, BruceColetrain said:

So theres truth to what I was told. Dont think I can say on here. His cancer culture mixed with the board and support made an explosive cocktail thats way more flammable than my Miller High Life.

If your Miller if flammable, you are doing it wrong.