Head Coaching change in Whitwell....

volsfan2008

On 2/11/2020 at 10:08 PM, TigerfootballFan said:

RR is not the next coach at Whitwell.

16 minutes ago, Back2back01 said:

Got told by them raceway guys tonight that Ricky Ross submitted his application today. That sure would be a great hire.  Hope it's a true story. Can anybody on here give any feedback on this information?  

Read the above.  

1 hour ago, Back2back01 said:

Got told by them raceway guys tonight that Ricky Ross submitted his application today. That sure would be a great hire.  Hope it's a true story. Can anybody on here give any feedback on this information?  

LRDAO... Surely them Whitwell fellars wont hire the SOS(snake oil salesman) after the mess he did to Grider and around the jailhouse.  You think im joking but im not. 

I believe Whitwell wants a coach with a proven record of turning teams around QUICK! Problem is, like Jaspers new coach, if the lack of talent is an issue it’s not going to be a quick turnaround. Two possible three yrs unless either school gets an influx of transfers! (Which has happened at a few schools)! 
 Jasper had 1 good year after Pruit left the last time and TB was eventually hired as coach! He had 1 solid year going all the way to eventually Alcoa and losing but had a mediocre year after that! Fired him, hired RR he had a couple good years then out, Mathis had a run then left. Now Pruit is back, Jasper is excited and looking for big things to happen!

Whitwell had just come off a State Championship run and won. That team comes along once in every 30 yrs for them. No one expected them to repeat with the players they lost! No coach could have repeated that with those players last year. That’s not knocking the boys either, the talent just wasn’t there. 
 It’s my understanding that the players had a peaceful protest asking the Principal to reverse her decision because they wanted to play for the recently fired coach. They had a lot of respect and wanted to play for him. IMO, back room conversation and politics played a roll in that dismal but what do I know! By the article they already had a man in mind but his legal record and not qualified to teach had a lot to do with his undoing. 
You need stability to build a program and that’s one thing Whitwell does not have. Feel sorry for the young men but heads up and play till the whistle blows! 

10 hours ago, Back2back01 said:

From my sources it doesn't matter of RR applies or not. He isnt a candidate due to his tendency to "move" around. Also if I'm RR and want to get back to valley Sequatchie will be open next year.

5 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

I believe Whitwell wants a coach with a proven record of turning teams around QUICK! Problem is, like Jaspers new coach, if the lack of talent is an issue it’s not going to be a quick turnaround. Two possible three yrs unless either school gets an influx of transfers! (Which has happened at a few schools)! 
 Jasper had 1 good year after Pruit left the last time and TB was eventually hired as coach! He had 1 solid year going all the way to eventually Alcoa and losing but had a mediocre year after that! Fired him, hired RR he had a couple good years then out, Mathis had a run then left. Now Pruit is back, Jasper is excited and looking for big things to happen!

Whitwell had just come off a State Championship run and won. That team comes along once in every 30 yrs for them. No one expected them to repeat with the players they lost! No coach could have repeated that with those players last year. That’s not knocking the boys either, the talent just wasn’t there. 
 It’s my understanding that the players had a peaceful protest asking the Principal to reverse her decision because they wanted to play for the recently fired coach. They had a lot of respect and wanted to play for him. IMO, back room conversation and politics played a roll in that dismal but what do I know! By the article they already had a man in mind but his legal record and not qualified to teach had a lot to do with his undoing. 
You need stability to build a program and that’s one thing Whitwell does not have. Feel sorry for the young men but heads up and play till the whistle blows! 

Hearing its still the person they had in mind. "Fake News", there is no criminal incident or record. 

14 hours ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Ross Ricki walked into a ready made cake at Jasper.  The previous guy would have done as good, probably better if he hadn't taken up painting and burglary as hobbies.