Region 3AAA Tourney 2020

FootballFan51

1 hour ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Stone and bradley could meet in state except itd be an elimination game. Idk how well tullahoma is but blackman usnt as great ad their record says. Yeah they did beat bradley at bradley this season bit it was way back before bradley changed their play style snd still had blair om team...obviously we are vettet without her since we havent lost a game without her. Most werent close. Rhea put up a decent batule tonight but got tired from guarding our 3 post players. Coach REALLY trusts his girls cause he put a freshman in who hasnt played much this season exveot when the game was already over ,sloan carpenter, and she she hit 2 3s on 1st half to keep bradkey in it. Our team shooting percentage was 26% in 1st half when we trailed 31-25..to 57% 2nd half. At 1 point early in 3rd we trailed by 8 35-27 before our defense stepped up and we started to hit shots. Bradley seems to play better when trailing at the half. Id expect to see tullahoma come Saturday and stone going to blackman with hoth fegion 3 teams winning

Either Stone or Bradley should be able to beat Tullahoma by 10+. Should be a great region final Wednesday. Too close for me to call. 

I wasn’t at any of the games, but listening to the semis & finals on the radio, I’m a little surprised Cambree Mayo wasn’t named MVP (and this is not to take anything away from anyone at all - actually any of the 5 starters could have been MVP because it was a great team effort). 
We thought it would be a battle of the bigs, but shooting guard Mayo had 24 points & 7 rebounds & freshman PG  Sloan Carpenter starts her 2nd varsity game & gets something like 16 points & zero turnovers.  Wow! 
Carpenter wasn’t even in the rotation until the last few weeks of the season. 
It’s a Team Sport! 

Edited by FootballFan51

1 hour ago, FootballFan51 said:

I wasn’t at any of the games, but listening to the semis & finals on the radio, I’m a little surprised Cambree Mayo wasn’t named MVP (and this is not to take anything away from anyone at all - actually any of the 5 starters could have been MVP because it was a great team effort). 
We thought it would be a battle of the bigs, but shooting guard Mayo had 24 points & 7 rebounds & freshman PG  Sloan Carpenter starts her 2nd varsity game & gets something like 16 points & zero turnovers.  Wow! 
Carpenter wasn’t even in the rotation until the last few weeks of the season. 
It’s a Team Sport! 

I agree. Cambree and Sloan both played great. Mayo had two tournament games where she had career highs. And played lights out defense. They would not have won the tournament without her on the court. And Sloan came in clutch. She came into PG position and did what she needed to do. She didn’t even look nervous. 0 turnovers tonight!! Not even experienced point guards can say that some nights. Good game by all though. Individual awards mean nothing. They all want the gold ball.